Google Now Indexing AJAX Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

LOL, you announce it like Javascript is some brand new thing. Those who hate it will continue to use noscript.

However, it's downright shocking that Google isn't already doing this, they index text found in flash, and they index the color content of images FFS.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
funny how i turn off java script and flash from every website and only allow whats nessassary for functionality.

the sad thing is, with this, they could force me to use javascript on more websights to get basic functions, as google now makes it searchable.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
My 5 year old daughter also know that never execute any code / script that you do not know.

I construct a web page with a fake GET / POST request, trick Googlebot to execute my script, and the script is actually tring to Hack or Attack another web site.

When I get caught, whose fault is that? I have some malicious code, but I have never executed it.

geossj5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
[citation][nom]CKKwan[/nom]My 5 year old daughter also know that never execute any code / script that you do not know.I construct a web page with a fake GET / POST request, trick Googlebot to execute my script, and the script is actually tring to Hack or Attack another web site.When I get caught, whose fault is that? I have some malicious code, but I have never executed it.[/citation]

uhh.. I dont think you understand how front-end scripting (aka javascript) works

claydavis

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Really great to hear this news because as a developer I had two thoughts whether to use or not Ajax in my website. But it is a relief to me now and I am going to try how it works.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]geossj5[/nom]uhh.. I dont think you understand how front-end scripting (aka javascript) works[/citation]
While what he's saying isn't really valid in a legal sense, it would be possible to get Google to run malicious javascript code since the whole point of AJAX is that it allows js to execute server-side scripts. AJAX blurs the lines between client(front) and server(back) scripting. This is a huge part of web development now. I just really wish that Javascript didn't suck so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.