Proper Matrox card for running PS6 on two monitors?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Sent here by a friend. I am looking to run my Photoshop 6 on two monitors.
I hate that the pallets and menus cover parts of the photo I am working on
due to lack of space on my 17" monitor. So two monitors seems like, maybe,
a good idea.

Problem is, I have no idea how to acheive this end. Would someone on this
NG be so kind as to private email a short tutorial on the set-up. I've
searched Google, found some things but I am still really puzzled. Anyone's
help would be appreciated.

Need to know which Matrox card I need (or can afford<g>) and then how to get
PS to put the photo on the main, color-corrected monitor and all the "junk"
on the other.

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
tourtelot@speakeasy.net
2 answers Last reply
More about proper matrox card running monitors
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    "Douglas Tourtelot" wrote in message...
    > Need to know which Matrox card I need (or can afford<g>) and then
    > how to get PS to put the photo on the main, color-corrected monitor
    > and all the "junk" on the other.

    Affordability is no problem, as any DualHead enabled Matrox card will do
    what you want, so if money's an issue, just start cruising eBay for a
    secondhand 32MB G400 DH, G450, G550 etc.

    If you're talking about new cards, the G550, Millennium P650, P750 and the
    Parhelias will all do what you want, so which card you'd buy depends largely
    on what resolutions you want to run (the 32MB cards will be be a little
    limited in terms of max res in DH mode) and what other functionality you
    need.

    As to how to do it, depending on whether you get a G-series card or one of
    the Parhelia based items, the drivers are different and so is the exact
    methodology for enabling dual mode, so probably the best bet would be to get
    the card first, then, if it's not sufficiently self-explanatory, ask for
    some help if you need it. :-)

    HTH!
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    I use a G450 in DH mode with one LCD and one CRT, resolution are 1280x1024
    and 1024x768 respectively. In PS7 it automatically loads the color
    management settings for each monitor. (match with my display ICC profiles).

    "Richard Hopkins" <richh@dsl.nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Douglas Tourtelot" wrote in message...
    > > Need to know which Matrox card I need (or can afford<g>) and then
    > > how to get PS to put the photo on the main, color-corrected monitor
    > > and all the "junk" on the other.
    >
    > Affordability is no problem, as any DualHead enabled Matrox card will do
    > what you want, so if money's an issue, just start cruising eBay for a
    > secondhand 32MB G400 DH, G450, G550 etc.
    >
    > If you're talking about new cards, the G550, Millennium P650, P750 and the
    > Parhelias will all do what you want, so which card you'd buy depends
    largely
    > on what resolutions you want to run (the 32MB cards will be be a little
    > limited in terms of max res in DH mode) and what other functionality you
    > need.
    >
    > As to how to do it, depending on whether you get a G-series card or one of
    > the Parhelia based items, the drivers are different and so is the exact
    > methodology for enabling dual mode, so probably the best bet would be to
    get
    > the card first, then, if it's not sufficiently self-explanatory, ask for
    > some help if you need it. :-)
    >
    > HTH!
    > --
    >

    > Richard Hopkins
    > Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
    > (replace .nospam with .com in reply address)
    >
    > The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com
    > Get the most out of your digital photos www.dabsxpose.com

Matrox Monitors Graphics