Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Proper Matrox card for running PS6 on two monitors?

Tags:
  • Matrox
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Displays
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 11, 2004 12:03:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Sent here by a friend. I am looking to run my Photoshop 6 on two monitors.
I hate that the pallets and menus cover parts of the photo I am working on
due to lack of space on my 17" monitor. So two monitors seems like, maybe,
a good idea.

Problem is, I have no idea how to acheive this end. Would someone on this
NG be so kind as to private email a short tutorial on the set-up. I've
searched Google, found some things but I am still really puzzled. Anyone's
help would be appreciated.

Need to know which Matrox card I need (or can afford<g>) and then how to get
PS to put the photo on the main, color-corrected monitor and all the "junk"
on the other.

Thanks so much!

Regards,

Douglas Tourtelot, CAS
Seattle, WA
tourtelot@speakeasy.net

More about : proper matrox card running ps6 monitors

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
October 11, 2004 9:36:25 PM

"Douglas Tourtelot" wrote in message...
> Need to know which Matrox card I need (or can afford<g>) and then
> how to get PS to put the photo on the main, color-corrected monitor
> and all the "junk" on the other.

Affordability is no problem, as any DualHead enabled Matrox card will do
what you want, so if money's an issue, just start cruising eBay for a
secondhand 32MB G400 DH, G450, G550 etc.

If you're talking about new cards, the G550, Millennium P650, P750 and the
Parhelias will all do what you want, so which card you'd buy depends largely
on what resolutions you want to run (the 32MB cards will be be a little
limited in terms of max res in DH mode) and what other functionality you
need.

As to how to do it, depending on whether you get a G-series card or one of
the Parhelia based items, the drivers are different and so is the exact
methodology for enabling dual mode, so probably the best bet would be to get
the card first, then, if it's not sufficiently self-explanatory, ask for
some help if you need it. :-)

HTH!
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

a b C Monitor
October 13, 2004 5:40:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

I use a G450 in DH mode with one LCD and one CRT, resolution are 1280x1024
and 1024x768 respectively. In PS7 it automatically loads the color
management settings for each monitor. (match with my display ICC profiles).