Help with XP Firewall

September 8, 2005 8:30:01 PM

Hi,
I remember sometime ago I came accross a documentation on MS to config the
XP firewall to allow file and print sharing etc. I can can't seem to find the
link. Anyone?

Thanks

More about : firewall

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 9, 2005 2:54:35 PM

Chris wrote:

> Hi,
> I remember sometime ago I came accross a documentation on MS to config the
> XP firewall to allow file and print sharing etc. I can can't seem to find the
> link. Anyone?
>
> Thanks
Hi,

The Cable Guy - February 2004
Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP
Service Pack 2

Understanding Windows Firewall/Introduction (3 pages)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/inter...

WF_XPSP2.doc "Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft
Windows XP with Service Pack 2" is downloadable from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...

Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2

A much more detailed version:
Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: