Help with XP Firewall

Hi,
I remember sometime ago I came accross a documentation on MS to config the
XP firewall to allow file and print sharing etc. I can can't seem to find the
link. Anyone?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about help firewall

    Chris wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I remember sometime ago I came accross a documentation on MS to config the
    > XP firewall to allow file and print sharing etc. I can can't seem to find the
    > link. Anyone?
    >
    > Thanks
    Hi,

    The Cable Guy - February 2004
    Manually Configuring Windows Firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

    Description of the Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP
    Service Pack 2

    Understanding Windows Firewall/Introduction (3 pages)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/internet/sp2_wfintro.mspx

    WF_XPSP2.doc "Deploying Windows Firewall Settings for Microsoft
    Windows XP with Service Pack 2" is downloadable from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4454e0e1-61fa-447a-bdcd-499f73a637d1

    Troubleshooting Windows Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2

    A much more detailed version:
    Troubleshooting Windows Firewall in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7628646-131d-4617-bf68-f0532d8db131&DisplayLang=en

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Windows XP Security Configuration Firewalls Microsoft