Matrox G450 eTV PC-VCR Crashing

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Has anyone had problems with using Matrox PC-VCR with Windows XP SP2? I've
had this weird problem develop ever since I installed SP2. After a reboot,
I can open PC-VCR and close it fine no problem the first time. If I load
PC-VCR again, it's fine until I want to turn it off. When I exit the PC-VCR
program, my whole computer reboots itself. I just did a fresh reinstall
with SP2 and the problem still persists. Has anyone experienced the same?
2 answers Last reply
More about matrox g450 crashing
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    I've had exactly the same problem. No idea what to do about it.
    Reloaded PC-VCR several times to no avail. Checked microsoft
    and matrox websites but have found no help.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:59:30 GMT, "Terry" <nosp@m.com> wrote:

    >Has anyone had problems with using Matrox PC-VCR with Windows XP SP2? I've
    >had this weird problem develop ever since I installed SP2. After a reboot,
    >I can open PC-VCR and close it fine no problem the first time. If I load
    >PC-VCR again, it's fine until I want to turn it off. When I exit the PC-VCR
    >program, my whole computer reboots itself. I just did a fresh reinstall
    >with SP2 and the problem still persists. Has anyone experienced the same?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Did your problems only start after installing SP2 as well? I started a
    thread on the Matrox Support Forums here:
    http://forum.matrox.com/mga/viewtopic.php?t=12703. Please register/logon
    and say you have the same problems. Maybe if enough people complain, Matrox
    will fix it.

    <uwhong@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > I've had exactly the same problem. No idea what to do about it.
    > Reloaded PC-VCR several times to no avail. Checked microsoft
    > and matrox websites but have found no help.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    >
    > On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:59:30 GMT, "Terry" <nosp@m.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone had problems with using Matrox PC-VCR with Windows XP SP2?
    >>I've
    >>had this weird problem develop ever since I installed SP2. After a
    >>reboot,
    >>I can open PC-VCR and close it fine no problem the first time. If I load
    >>PC-VCR again, it's fine until I want to turn it off. When I exit the
    >>PC-VCR
    >>program, my whole computer reboots itself. I just did a fresh reinstall
    >>with SP2 and the problem still persists. Has anyone experienced the same?

Matrox Windows XP Computer Graphics