Olympus C-8080 WZ USB Problem

Hi there,

When I connect my Olympus C-8080 WZ to my computer I get the following:

Found New Hardware Wizard

Cannot Install this Hardware

There was a problem installing this Hardware:

Olympus C-8080WZ USB Device

An error occurred during the installation of the device

The specific service does not exist as an installed service. Click Finish to
close the wizard.

Master Chef Richard Campbell

100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

Hello,

Software that comes with Olympus digital cameras for uploading photos
is usually very clumsy and poorly designed.

Having owned four digital cameras for several years, two of them Olympus
cameras, 3030, and E-20, I stopped uploading photos to a computer via a wire
from a camera.

What I use are ZIO! and Dazzle adapters that plug in directly to a USB port.
Windows recognizes them as another disk. The adapters are small gadgets that
are easy to use. You just place the camera card in the adapter, the adapter
in the USB port of your computer, and the photos are immediately presented
on you computer. You select ALL, COPY, and PASTE the photos
into any directory you wish.

It is best to make a folder in a directory and leave it open before
inserting
the adapter. This makes it easier to quickly copy and paste into a folder
that is already open. Usually, I'm uploading 50 or more photos to the
computer in a minute or less.

The Zio and Dazzle adapters also come with software that must also be
installed, but it takes only a minute or so to do so. The software is not a
visible program on your computer.

Robert

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" <chefmagnus@nospamameritech.net> wrote in
message news:vKbBc.6610$Pt.3610@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...