Matrox and PCI-E

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 5, 2004 3:02:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of P650)
and if yes when could that be?

Kiwi

More about : matrox pci

Anonymous
November 5, 2004 3:02:49 AM

Kiwi <ivank_MAKNI_OVO_@fpz.hr> wrote:
> Will Matrox release some PCI-Express cards (possibly PCI-E version of
> P650) and if yes when could that be?

Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

Regards,
--
*Art
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

> out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
> and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
> guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

as I was afraid... but thanks.
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 2:06:20 AM

Arthur Hagen <art@broomstick.com> wrote:
> Matrox has announced plans for PCI-E cards, but haven't given any details.
> A PCI-E version of a couple of the P-series cards was expected before the
> end of the year, with other cards following, but no real news has leaked
> out, afaict, and they might be delayed. If I were to guess, the Parhelia
> and P750 are probably going to be the first ones to go express, and wildly
> guessing even more, I would guess at no earlier than Q1 2005.

That's OK by me. I don't plan on building a new system until Q3 2005. I
want the following:

Dual core Intel P4
PCI-X based Matrox card
Water cooling system