P750 and passive heatsink

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi!

Is it possible without too much hassle to replace the P750's fan with a
passive heat sink? Any suggestions on which model to prefer?

Tor
1 answer Last reply
More about p750 passive heatsink
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
    > Is it possible without too much hassle to replace the P750's fan with a
    > passive heat sink? Any suggestions on which model to prefer?

    I've seem pictures of someone replaceing the fan with a water cooled
    heatsync. I don't think a plain heat sinck will cut it. It would be
    too big to and may block other PCI slots. Then the weight of heatsink
    would put stress on the GPU chip socket. Besides, I don't hear my
    Parhelia's fan compaired to the rest of the fans in my system.

    BTW, my next PC is going to be water cooled.

    Later,
    Steven

Matrox Heatsinks Graphics