P750 and passive heatsink

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 8, 2004 10:43:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi!

Is it possible without too much hassle to replace the P750's fan with a
passive heat sink? Any suggestions on which model to prefer?

Tor

More about : p750 passive heatsink

Anonymous
November 8, 2004 12:22:42 PM

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
> Is it possible without too much hassle to replace the P750's fan with a
> passive heat sink? Any suggestions on which model to prefer?

I've seem pictures of someone replaceing the fan with a water cooled
heatsync. I don't think a plain heat sinck will cut it. It would be
too big to and may block other PCI slots. Then the weight of heatsink
would put stress on the GPU chip socket. Besides, I don't hear my
Parhelia's fan compaired to the rest of the fans in my system.

BTW, my next PC is going to be water cooled.

Later,
Steven
!