"lock computer" event id

using XP Pro SP2

when I lock the computer (Ctrl-Alt-Del Lock Computer) what event if any is
recorded in the event viewer?
3 answers Last reply
More about lock computer event

    I don't use the older style log on, so I can't be positive, but the new Welcome Screen causes an event 538 when the computer is "locked" using the Win key and L.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BACFE55-EB99-43FF-8E59-AF3A54F1C675@microsoft.com...
    > using XP Pro SP2
    >
    > when I lock the computer (Ctrl-Alt-Del Lock Computer) what event if any is
    > recorded in the event viewer?

    Kevin-

    The event id is 680.

    "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > using XP Pro SP2
    >
    > when I lock the computer (Ctrl-Alt-Del Lock Computer) what event if any is
    > recorded in the event viewer?

    Also, when you *unlock* a workstation, you'll see Event ID 528 "Successful
    logon" with type 7

    fyi...
    Type 2: Interactive logon (someone at console)
    Type 3: Network logon -
    Type 4: Batch logon
    Type 5: Service logon
    Type 6: Proxy logon