Changing File Permissions in Windows XP Home

I recently had a Windows XP HE crash that caused me to reinstall the
application. Not thinking, I created a new domain name and user name for
myself during the setup.

When I tried restoring my Microsoft Outlook 2003 files (outlook.pst,
archive.pst, etc) to my machine from a Novastor 7 backup, the files
restored, but I only get "Access Denied" messages when I try to access them
in any way. I'm assuming, because of the the old permissions. I REALLY
NEED THESE FILES! Any ideas how I can regain access to them?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Martin
1 answer Last reply
More about changing file permissions windows home

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

    NOTE: You must be logged on to the computer using an account that has administrative
    privileges. If you are running Windows XP Home Edition, in order to have access to
    the Security tab, you must first start in Safe Mode and log on with an account that
    has Administrative rights.

    "Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >I recently had a Windows XP HE crash that caused me to reinstall the application.
    >Not thinking, I created a new domain name and user name for myself during the setup.
    >
    > When I tried restoring my Microsoft Outlook 2003 files (outlook.pst, archive.pst,
    > etc) to my machine from a Novastor 7 backup, the files restored, but I only get
    > "Access Denied" messages when I try to access them in any way. I'm assuming,
    > because of the the old permissions. I REALLY NEED THESE FILES! Any ideas how I
    > can regain access to them?
    >
    > Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Martin