Problems with Parhelia and RT 100 Extreme

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi, All.

I have some problems with graphics cards on subject:

first of all monitor stays blank until windows xp presents ctrl/alt/del
window (and, I guess, resolution switches from vga to high resolution mode).
Please note that motherboard has a built.in graphics display: how may I tell
Windows to send all display signals to Parhelia instead of on-board card?

second, when I use software as 3D Studio Max, i.e., I keep receiving an
error message that says, more or less, "Video Card is used by another
application and cannot perform requested task".

Any idea about what's wrong?

Thanks a lot for attention and cooperation.
1 answer Last reply
More about problems parhelia extreme
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Turn off the onboard video chipset from the bios settings.

    "Enrico" <massimo_dellapena[spam di merda]@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, All.
    >
    > I have some problems with graphics cards on subject:
    >
    > first of all monitor stays blank until windows xp presents ctrl/alt/del
    > window (and, I guess, resolution switches from vga to high resolution
    mode).
    > Please note that motherboard has a built.in graphics display: how may I
    tell
    > Windows to send all display signals to Parhelia instead of on-board card?
    >
    > second, when I use software as 3D Studio Max, i.e., I keep receiving an
    > error message that says, more or less, "Video Card is used by another
    > application and cannot perform requested task".
    >
    > Any idea about what's wrong?
    >
    > Thanks a lot for attention and cooperation.

Matrox Graphics