Unnamed folder

I have an unnamed folder on my hard drive. Right click only gives me the open
or explore option, and when i hit one it bounces me back to the desktop. I
cannot delete it, drag and drop it, it has defied all attempts at nuking it,
even in safe mode. Norton, Spybot, Adaware say things are fine. Anyone got
any ideas how i can remove the thing
6 answers Last reply
More about unnamed folder

    How to Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Dennis" wrote:

    | I have an unnamed folder on my hard drive. Right click only gives me the open
    | or explore option, and when i hit one it bounces me back to the desktop. I
    | cannot delete it, drag and drop it, it has defied all attempts at nuking it,
    | even in safe mode. Norton, Spybot, Adaware say things are fine. Anyone got
    | any ideas how i can remove the thing

    I can't do it that way, the folder has no name, just the folder symbol.

    Dennis wrote:

    > I can't do it that way, the folder has no name, just the folder
    > symbol.

    Is the folder on the Desktop? If so, see if it appears in this registry
    key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

    If yes, delete just the entry for the item - not any of the other
    things!

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    It's a folder on c drive, but not on desktop, i can get a visual if i go into
    windows explorer. If i search the hard drive using any other program, then it
    don't show.
  5. Worked for me.
    Thanks

    Malke said:

    Dennis wrote:

    > I can't do it that way, the folder has no name, just the folder
    > symbol.

    Is the folder on the Desktop? If so, see if it appears in this registry
    key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace

    If yes, delete just the entry for the item - not any of the other
    things!

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers