Matrox millenium II - windows xp , direct3d problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2005 11:26:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi
I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct draw
I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

--

---------------------------------
uwaga na zabezpieczenie antyspamowe w adresie !

"atryda" <giudichar[tnij_wasc_wstydu_oszczedz]@o2.pl> wrote in message news:crpcdr$4jc$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...

> Hi
> I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct draw
> I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:43:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

>> Hi
>> I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct
>> draw
>> I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me
>
> Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.

hi .. thx for repley but .. this is info from the producent site :

Direct3D, OpenGL, DirectDraw, DirectVideo, DirectX 5 i 6
2D-hardware akceleracja 128-bitowa, optymalizowana dla 8, 16, 24 i
32-bitowej g³êbi koloru
3D-hardware Multi-texturing, bump mapping, texture modulation, light
mapping, reflection mapping, environmental mapping, procedural texturing,

what do u say about this ?
Related resources
January 9, 2005 11:43:07 AM

"atryda" <giudichar[tnij_wasc_wstydu_oszczedz]@o2.pl> wrote in message news:crqnic$jdv$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
> >> Hi
> >> I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct
> >> draw
> >> I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me
> >
> > Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.
> >

> hi .. thx for repley but .. this is info from the producent site :
>
> Direct3D, OpenGL, DirectDraw, DirectVideo, DirectX 5 i 6
> 2D-hardware akceleracja 128-bitowa, optymalizowana dla 8, 16, 24 i
> 32-bitowej g³êbi koloru
> 3D-hardware Multi-texturing, bump mapping, texture modulation, light
> mapping, reflection mapping, environmental mapping, procedural texturing,
>
> what do u say about this ?

I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
to use under WinXP.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 1:11:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

> I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
> to use under WinXP.

I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6 ? but how can I
remove current version.?
January 10, 2005 1:11:32 AM

"atryda" <giudichar[tnij_wasc_wstydu_oszczedz]@o2.pl> wrote in message news:crs6nh$gud$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
> > I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
> > to use under WinXP.
>
> I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6 ? but how can I
> remove current version.?

Trust me it's a waste of time. I went through the same thing last
year, when I was determined to keep a Millenium II. Finally I
coughed up $40 and bought a second-hand G400 off eBay.

Virtually all programs that require or use DX these days require
at least version 6, and the Millenium I/II cards do not support it.
E.g. there is no video overlay support, which is required for
decent DVD playback, etc.
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 2:27:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

"atryda" <giudichar[tnij_wasc_wstydu_oszczedz]@o2.pl> wrote in message
>> I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
>> to use under WinXP.
>
> I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6?
> but how can I remove current version.?

You can't get WinXP to run with DX5/6. Well, you can, after a fashion, but
the pissing around that's necessary to make it work doesn't pay off when you
realise that virtually every modern app requires DX functionality that your
graphics card simply doesn't support.

As the others have said, stop wasting any more of your time (and ours) and
accept the fact that you need a more modern graphics card. If you want
further confirmation, use Google to search the group. This question's been
answered loads of times before, there's nothing more to be said.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

April 22, 2010 5:31:01 PM

HEY! i found the solution my friend, did you ask how to use direct3d with matrox g200 or g250 on directx 9?

OK! download it

( it is a driver that i found, remember to uninstall your old driver before installing the new! )

100% SAFETY DONT BE NERVOUS, I´M A GOOD MAN.
IF I WROTE SOMETHING BAD, PLESE SORRY, I´M FROM URUGUAY.

Suerte!
April 22, 2010 5:44:20 PM

gabygaby22 said:
HEY! i found the solution my friend, did you ask how to use direct3d with matrox g200 or g250 on directx 9?

OK! download it

( it is a driver that i found, remember to uninstall your old driver before installing the new! )

100% SAFETY DONT BE NERVOUS, I´M A GOOD MAN.
IF I WROTE SOMETHING BAD, PLESE SORRY, I´M FROM URUGUAY.

Suerte!

You replied to a 5 year old thread. Very very few people still use this card and those who do are using it with a voodoo 1 or a voodoo2 and don't use it for much DX related gaming or video.
Anonymous
May 19, 2010 2:51:41 AM

A million thanx gabygaby22!
:D