Matrox and Cinema display ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Hi guys,

just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
inches! Wow!

Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
these.

Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a Parhelia
???

If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get the
full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

thanks for your time

Henrik
6 answers Last reply
More about matrox cinema display
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:

    > just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
    > inches! Wow!
    > Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of these.
    > Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a Parhelia???
    > If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get the
    > full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?

    I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
    from the January Matrox Newsletter:

    | • Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
    | 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
    | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/parhelia_DL_vdws.cfm
    |
    | • Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
    | killer combination for creative professionals
    | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/par_dl256_fs.cfm

    Paul
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Hi Paul,

    thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
    thanks

    Henrik

    "Paul Speller" <spam@paulspeller.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:
    >
    >> just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays
    >> ...30
    >> inches! Wow!
    >> Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
    >> these.
    >> Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a
    >> Parhelia???
    >> If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get
    >> the
    >> full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?
    >
    > I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
    > from the January Matrox Newsletter:
    >
    > | . Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
    > | 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
    > |
    > http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/parhelia_DL_vdws.cfm
    > |
    > | . Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
    > | killer combination for creative professionals
    > | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/par_dl256_fs.cfm
    >
    > Paul
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:15:09 +0800, "Henrik Tived"
    <tived@iinet.net.au> wrote:

    >Hi Paul,
    >
    >thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
    >thanks
    >
    >Henrik
    >
    >"Paul Speller" <spam@paulspeller.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, tived wrote:
    >>
    >>> just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays
    >>> ...30
    >>> inches! Wow!
    >>> Now being on the a PeeCee, then it would be cool to be able to run one of
    >>> these.
    >>> Does anyone know and have they tried to hook on of these up to a
    >>> Parhelia???
    >>> If you have hooked it up to a PC, what card did you use and did you get
    >>> the
    >>> full potential out of the screen! eg. max screen resolution?
    >>
    >> I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
    >> from the January Matrox Newsletter:
    >>
    >> | . Matrox announces new dual link Parhelia DL256 PCI graphics card for
    >> | 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display® under Windows®
    >> |
    >> http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/parhelia_DL_vdws.cfm
    >> |
    >> | . Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI and 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display - a
    >> | killer combination for creative professionals
    >> | http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/par_dl256_fs.cfm
    >>
    >> Paul

    i hope they have worked out how to stop the screen burn.
    the apple cinema display they were using at the videoforum in london
    earlier this month was very badly screenburned.

    the apple user i was talking to could only put it down to the fact it
    was a pc driving it , as his didn't have the same problem connected to
    his video editing apple , 24/7
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Gary MacKenzie wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:15:09 +0800, "Henrik Tived"
    > <tived@iinet.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi Paul,
    >>
    >>thanks very much for the info, I should start reading my mail from now on,
    >>thanks
    >>
    >>Henrik
    >>
    >>"Paul Speller" <spam@paulspeller.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> I'm pretty sure a standard Parhelia wouldn't be up to the task. However,
    >>> from the January Matrox Newsletter:

    http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/parhelia_DL_vdws.cfm

    http://www.matrox.com/mga/start/newsletter/jan_2005/uk/par_dl256_fs.cfm

    >>> Paul
    >>

    > i hope they have worked out how to stop the screen burn.
    > the apple cinema display they were using at the videoforum in london
    > earlier this month was very badly screenburned.

    It's an LCD. Screen burn happens because an electron beam stays focussed on
    the same spot too long. Whatever you saw was not screen burn.

    > the apple user i was talking to could only put it down to the fact it
    > was a pc driving it , as his didn't have the same problem connected to
    > his video editing apple , 24/7

    Doesn't matter what's driving it.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:42:10 +0800, "tived" <tived@iinet.net.au>
    wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    >just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
    >inches! Wow!

    I drive a Syntax olevia 30" LCD with the second VGA out from a matrox
    g450... works just fine

    --G
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:00:15 -0500, george1234 wrote:

    > >just sitting here and looking at those geogerous Apple Cinema displays ...30
    > >inches! Wow!
    > I drive a Syntax olevia 30" LCD with the second VGA out from a matrox
    > g450... works just fine

    That's because the Syntax Olevia 30" LCD has a very low resolution for
    its size - it's only 1280 x 768, which is no trouble for most graphics
    cards.

    The new Apple 30" screen has a native resolution of 2560 x 1600, which
    gives more than four times the pixels of your display (double in each
    direction), which is rather more of a challenge for graphics cards to
    live up to!

    Paul

Matrox World Of Warcraft Graphics Displays