Hotbar Adware

Every time I boot, I get a message from Microsoft, in a bright red box,
telling me:

Warning: Hotbar Adware is trying to install." I check "remove" and it tells
me: "one or more components from your Spam Blocker Utililty is disabled or
missing. Doyou want to fix the missing or disabled components?"

I say "yes," and, presumably, it fixes everything. It then says to run
spyware, which I do.

BUT -- the next time I boot, it does it again.
1 answer Last reply
More about hotbar adware

    CathStro wrote:
    > Every time I boot, I get a message from Microsoft, in a bright red
    > box, telling me:
    >
    > Warning: Hotbar Adware is trying to install." I check "remove" and it
    > tells me: "one or more components from your Spam Blocker Utililty is
    > disabled or missing. Doyou want to fix the missing or disabled
    > components?"
    >
    > I say "yes," and, presumably, it fixes everything. It then says to run
    > spyware, which I do.
    >
    > BUT -- the next time I boot, it does it again.

    Run several other Antispyware applications and remember MSAS is BETA.

    I suggest using all of these..
    Lavasoft AdAware (Free and up)
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdn )

    Spybot Search and Destroy (Free!)
    http://www.safer-networking.net/en/download/index.html
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/atdk )

    Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner (Free!)
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/
    (How-to: http://snipurl.com/ate3 )

    SpywareBlaster (Free!)
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html