dual monitor setup in FS2004 (FS9)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 12, 2005 5:47:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

I have a Parhelia and two monitors. How do I set up FS2004 in XP so
that I can use two montiors?

Currently FS2004 comes up on the first monitor and the Windows desktop
with other apps is on the other window. In full screen mode I can't
stretch the views or move the controls or instrumentation to the
second montior. In non full screen mode I can stretch the whole
MS2004 window across two monitors but it stretches the view rather
than adding more.

\Samson
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
March 12, 2005 5:47:36 PM

Samson <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
> I have a Parhelia and two monitors. How do I set up FS2004 in XP so
> that I can use two montiors?
>
> Currently FS2004 comes up on the first monitor and the Windows desktop
> with other apps is on the other window. In full screen mode I can't
> stretch the views or move the controls or instrumentation to the
> second montior. In non full screen mode I can stretch the whole
> MS2004 window across two monitors but it stretches the view rather
> than adding more.

It's a rather convoluted process, I'm afraid.
First of all, you should set up Independent Mode in PowerDesk.
You have to detach the windows in windowed mode and move them over to the
second monitor, and then switch to full screen mode. After this, resize and
move each window until it's where you want it.
If your secondary monitor is on the left, you want a full-screen cockpit
view of "Forward Left" on the secondary monitor. Similar with right /
Forward Right. Depending on the quality of the aircraft you use, that
should fit seamlessly with the main view, as long as the zoom is 1.0 on both
monitors.

And no, you can't save these settings, and have to redo them every time you
start MSFS2k4.

Regards,
--
*Art
March 12, 2005 8:41:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

>It's a rather convoluted process, I'm afraid.
>First of all, you should set up Independent Mode in PowerDesk.
>You have to detach the windows in windowed mode and move them over to the
>second monitor, and then switch to full screen mode. After this, resize and
>move each window until it's where you want it.
>If your secondary monitor is on the left, you want a full-screen cockpit
>view of "Forward Left" on the secondary monitor. Similar with right /
>Forward Right. Depending on the quality of the aircraft you use, that
>should fit seamlessly with the main view, as long as the zoom is 1.0 on both
>monitors.
>
>And no, you can't save these settings, and have to redo them every time you
>start MSFS2k4.

Thanks. I always have the parhelia set to use Independent mode
which means that I won't have to do any switching in Powerdesk.

I followed your advise and in windowed mode moved the instrument panel
and controls to the other screen. I had tried to do that before but
couldn't and assumed it wasn't possible. But because you were
instructing to do it I got to checking and saw the docking and
undocking option when right clicking. So that allows it.

I am not trying to set up a continuous view across two monitors just
yet. It would be impressive to have continous viewing on three
montiors though. -- I need more desk space if I'm going to do that.

I'm glad I found out about this group as usenet is more pleasant for
me to use than forums and that thing about the Matrox forum being
closed for the weekend is not convenient for me. ---- reminds me
of the community college online class registration in our area that
has business hours, -- although I do understand the forum
adminstrator's argument that he would be overwhelmed with posts on
Monday morning if he allowed it to be active over the weekend....
unless he had it read only.

Thanks,
\Samson
Anonymous