My task manager wont open either but with different symptoms

a b 8 Security
September 13, 2005 5:03:43 AM

I used trendmicro online scan the only thing it found and could not
delete was
http://tinyurl.com/7p7zd
but it looks like an email malware and nothing to do with the task
manager, infact the first step to removing it was to open task manager,
which i can not do?
any other suggestions?

--
planethax
Anonymous

You have a virus.

For additional help see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Create Emergency Copies of Critical XP System Utilities. This small VB Program will create backup, usable copies of Task Manger, Regedit and MSConfig (named Copy_of_Taskmgr.exe, Copy_of_Regedit.com and Copy_of_MSConfig.exe) in a new folder C:\EmergencyUtil. Many virus programs will intercept these programs, based on their original file name. The modified file names, allow them to be run. Open Windows Explorer to C:\EmergencyUtil and double click the application you need. The next revision will allow you to browse for the folder you want to place the backups in.

Additionally, see the Win XP Utilities section for Startup Programs Tracker. This small utility scans your system for startup programs and running processes. It also allows you to create a log file that can be copied and pasted into a newsgroup post. The contents of the program window are also copied to the Windows Clipboard, automatically. For replies to newsgroup posts, do NOT include the Running Services, unless its absolutely necessary.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!