Allowing Defrag Permissions with out admin rights

Anyone out their know how to give defrag rights without making the user a
local admin. I know I can make it a schedlued task but the user like to do it
himself. We use a domain system here so I could send down a group policy
change if needed.
2 answers Last reply
More about allowing defrag permissions admin rights

    In the Group Policy Editor go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignments. In the right pane locate the entry for Perform Volume Maintenance Tasks.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Wesley" <Wesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E04D5F-B2FE-47C1-BAEC-3D8D2578EFB0@microsoft.com...
    > Anyone out their know how to give defrag rights without making the user a
    > local admin. I know I can make it a schedlued task but the user like to do it
    > himself. We use a domain system here so I could send down a group policy
    > change if needed.

    I tried this and it did not work, but I found another way to get this to work.
    I scheduled a task to run a bat file with the DOS defrag commands in it and
    gave it the admin permissions. Then all the user needs to do is to open the
    Scheduled Task window and run the task. This seems to work.

    "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

    > In the Group Policy Editor go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, User Rights Assignments. In the right pane locate the entry for Perform Volume Maintenance Tasks.

    > Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    > http://www.dougknox.com
    > Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
    >
    > "Wesley" <Wesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E04D5F-B2FE-47C1-BAEC-3D8D2578EFB0@microsoft.com...
    > > Anyone out their know how to give defrag rights without making the user a
    > > local admin. I know I can make it a schedlued task but the user like to do it
    > > himself. We use a domain system here so I could send down a group policy
    > > change if needed.

Defragment Permissions Windows XP