TV Tuner?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.

I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this card,
would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?
5 answers Last reply
More about tuner
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Hey Tim,

    Unfortunately Matrox does not sell any video cards with a TV tuner or a
    separate TV tuner card, you will need to buy a separate TV tuner card
    or external tuner box from another manufacturer (i.e. ATI, ASUS,
    Pinnacle, etc.).

    http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/TV_tuners/4502-8903_16-0.html

    Tim Braithwaite wrote:
    > Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
    > Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.
    >
    > I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this card,
    > would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    "Tim Braithwaite" <tbraithwaite@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
    > Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.
    >
    > I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this
    > card, would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?

    They used to sell the Marvel G200-TV and Marvel G400-TV

    ss.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

    > "Tim Braithwaite" <tbraithwaite@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> Which (if any) Matrox cards have an on-board TV tuner? I want to take my
    >> Dell Dimensioni 8200 multiheaded.
    >>
    >> I was looking at the P750 but it doesn't seem to have one. With this
    >> card, would I need a separate tuner card? What's my best bet?
    >>

    > They used to sell the Marvel G200-TV and Marvel G400-TV

    Hmmn. There's a Matrox Marvel G450 eTV as well. I wonder what happened to
    that?

    http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/matrox-g450e/

    ss.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox (More info?)

    Hmmm....let see, that review is from August 7, 2001, perhaps they don't
    make it anymore. Anyhow, yes, Matrox used to sell this board but they
    do not offer anything similar for sale now. While it was a great TV
    tuner board, you will have to find one used or as leftover stock:

    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Matrox+Marvel+G450+eTV&btnG=Search+Froogle
  5. I have a 400 and a 450 on a shelf. I was told and read in matrox forums, that when XP came out, they didn't create new drivers for these two cards. If I am wrong, someone please tell me...

Matrox TV Tuner Graphics