Removing MODs

Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the Start
menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
Thanks!

--
Carl Waring
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    "Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
    > Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
    > Thanks!

    Bad form to reply to one's own post but I just deleted the directory under
    "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods" and it disappeared from
    the "Play Games" menu. is it *that* simple?

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    "Carl Waring" wrote

    > Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
    > Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
    > Thanks!

    Just delete the folder and files within

    You should have something like:
    C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

    You can eg find a folder called HL2Substance here, just delete it, and it
    will disappear from the games list
    Easy :-)

    - Peter

    "Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Carl Waring" wrote
    >
    >> Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
    >> Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    > Just delete the folder and files within
    >
    > You should have something like:
    > C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods
    >
    > You can eg find a folder called HL2Substance here, just delete it, and it
    > will disappear from the games list
    > Easy :-)

    Hehe! Thanks Peter :-)

    Funny you should mention HL2S as that's the one I just tried. It's okay but
    I want something *different* to HL2; maybe a TC? Anyway, thanks again!

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    "Carl Waring" wrote

    > Funny you should mention HL2S as that's the one I just tried.

    It's ok to add extra enemies and nicely done
    But having the antlions appear early is imho an abuse and turns HL2 into a
    Serious Sam trivial

    - Peter

    Carl Waring wrote:
    > "Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
    >>Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
    >>Thanks!
    >

    > Bad form to reply to one's own post but I just deleted the directory under
    > "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods" and it disappeared from
    > the "Play Games" menu. is it *that* simple?

    Sure it is. When Steam starts up it scans what mods are available in the
    SourceMods directory (it checks for a specific file in each subfolder,
    "gameinfo" or something), and adds each entry to the Play Games menu.
    When you delete a MOD, that entry no longer exists, so it doesn't appear
    anymore in the menu when Steam runs next time.

Games Video Games