Removing MODs

"Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:0WJVd.27825$8B3.9940@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
> Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
> Thanks!

Bad form to reply to one's own post but I just deleted the directory under
"C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods" and it disappeared from
the "Play Games" menu. is it *that* simple?

--
Carl Waring
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

"Carl Waring" wrote

> Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
> Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
> Thanks!

Just delete the folder and files within

You should have something like:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods

You can eg find a folder called HL2Substance here, just delete it, and it
will disappear from the games list
Easy :)

- Peter

"Peter Lykkegaard" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Carl Waring" wrote
>
>> Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
>> Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
>> Thanks!
>>
> Just delete the folder and files within
>
> You should have something like:
> C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods
>
> You can eg find a folder called HL2Substance here, just delete it, and it
> will disappear from the games list
> Easy :)

Hehe! Thanks Peter :)

Funny you should mention HL2S as that's the one I just tried. It's okay but
I want something *different* to HL2; maybe a TC? Anyway, thanks again!

--
Carl Waring
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

"Carl Waring" wrote

> Funny you should mention HL2S as that's the one I just tried.

It's ok to add extra enemies and nicely done
But having the antlions appear early is imho an abuse and turns HL2 into a
Serious Sam trivial

- Peter

Carl Waring wrote:
> "Carl Waring" <carl.waring@REDyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Simple question. How do I remove a MOD game? There's no option in the
>>Start menu, 'Add/Remove Programs' or right-click.
>>Thanks!
>

> Bad form to reply to one's own post but I just deleted the directory under
> "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods" and it disappeared from
> the "Play Games" menu. is it *that* simple?

Sure it is. When Steam starts up it scans what mods are available in the
SourceMods directory (it checks for a specific file in each subfolder,
"gameinfo" or something), and adds each entry to the Play Games menu.
When you delete a MOD, that entry no longer exists, so it doesn't appear
anymore in the menu when Steam runs next time.