Blocked from opening "Services"

I am attempting to open "Services" in Control Panel and am being
denied access.

When selecting Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and then
clicking on Services it opens and then almost immediately a "Data
Execution Prevention" message appears stating:-

'To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program".

Name: Microsoft Management Console

I have clicked on 'Change Settings' and turned off DEP for Microsoft
Management Console and Services and Controller app, is this the
correct thing to do or am I making things worse?

Changing settings made no difference, could anyone please help me to
overcome this problem as I would like to access Services.

Harry

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 16:12:40 +0100, Agzee <itaintme@nospam.co.uk>
wrote:

>I am attempting to open "Services" in Control Panel and am being
>denied access.

Just an update on my original posting.

The problem has now been resolved. there appears to have been a
conflict between my Anti-Virus software and Firewall software, which
affected access to "Services".

Agzee