On my computer I keep getting 'security messages' telling me that my computer
may be open to attack and then proceeds to give an email address inviting me
to scan my computer eg. helpfixpc.com. I get on average 1 message per minute.
I have installed Sybot, pop up stopper, spyware doctor as well as Norton 2005
but I still get these messages. Please help me.

gazza762 wrote:
> On my computer I keep getting 'security messages' telling me
> that my computer may be open to attack and then proceeds to
> give an email address inviting me to scan my computer eg.
> helpfixpc.com. I get on average 1 message per minute. I have
> installed Sybot, pop up stopper, spyware doctor as well as
> Norton 2005 but I still get these messages. Please help me.

Have you installed Service Pack 2? Do you have a firewall
program running on your computer? If your answer to both of
these questions is no then those messages you're receiving
could be what's called "messenger spam".

Here are a few articles with more info:

Messenger Service Spam
http://www.spywareguide.com/txt_messengerspam.html

Messenger Service window that contains an Internet
advertisement appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330904

Good luck

Nepatsfan