sayNO2STEAM (DiFool): Hero Or Victim Of Persecution?

SayNO2STEAM is a hero or victim of Persecution?
I think he is a little bit of both.
He dares to point out the facts that many people dare not see and he is
brave enough to confront waves and waves of rude remarks of arrogant
Developer's fanboys who is the majority this newsgroup.
He is still fighting this lonely struggle against hordes of minions of
fervent and fanatic rich, spoilt acid-tongued sarcastic childish
fanboys.
He is the only one who sees the imperfection of some unecessary
applications when majority of people are blindly denied it due to their
trendy and fanatic worship of some over-hyped Developers. (The Emperor's
New Clothes syndrome, he is the only one sees that the Emperor is
actually naked.).
He does not deserve the persecution he gets from this newsgroup.
Society needs people like him, who sees the imperfection behind the
lacquered glory of establishments to fight for consumers' rights despite
the facts that there are some consumers who are willingly surrender that
right to get the vanity of being a favorite pets of some Developers.
Consumers rights must triumph over the Vanity of Fanboys.

Andrew

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:26:05 +1100, STEAMMadman
<steammadman@doesnotexist.com> wrote:

>SayNO2STEAM is a hero or victim of Persecution?

He is an insane f***wit. Please don't feed the troll.

STEAMMadman wrote:
> SayNO2STEAM is a hero or victim of Persecution?
> I think he is a little bit of both.
> He dares to point out the facts that many people dare not see and he
is
> brave enough to confront waves and waves of rude remarks of arrogant
> Developer's fanboys who is the majority this newsgroup.
> He is still fighting this lonely struggle against hordes of minions
of
> fervent and fanatic rich, spoilt acid-tongued sarcastic childish
> fanboys.
> He is the only one who sees the imperfection of some unecessary
> applications when majority of people are blindly denied it due to
their
> trendy and fanatic worship of some over-hyped Developers. (The
Emperor's
> New Clothes syndrome, he is the only one sees that the Emperor is
> actually naked.).
> He does not deserve the persecution he gets from this newsgroup.
> Society needs people like him, who sees the imperfection behind the
> lacquered glory of establishments to fight for consumers' rights
despite
> the facts that there are some consumers who are willingly surrender
that
> right to get the vanity of being a favorite pets of some Developers.
> Consumers rights must triumph over the Vanity of Fanboys.

I agree. He does not deserve some of the responses he gets. But
sometimes he makes ridiculous and outrageous statements which only
serve to weaken people's respect for him and their willingness to read
what he is saying and to think about it. Instead of a considered
response, you get a knee-jerk "It's Difool, it must be rubbish".

When he makes sense I have entered into discussion with him, sometimes
in agreement, sometimes not. When he writes gibberish, I have told him
so. Sometimes, it is not even worth replying. When others attack him,
unnecesarily (IMO), I tell them so.

I use the same approach for everyone on this NG.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:38:50 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:26:05 +1100, STEAMMadman
><steammadman@doesnotexist.com> wrote:
>
>>SayNO2STEAM is a hero or victim of Persecution?
>
>He is an insane f***wit. Please don't feed the troll.

"Feed the troll"? From his nick, I would guess it's the troll himself.

"Chadwick" <chadwick110@hotmail.com> wrote
> I agree. He does not deserve some of the responses he gets. But
> sometimes he makes ridiculous and outrageous statements which only
> serve to weaken people's respect for him and their willingness to read
> what he is saying and to think about it. Instead of a considered
> response, you get a knee-jerk "It's Difool, it must be rubbish".
>
> When he makes sense I have entered into discussion with him, sometimes
> in agreement, sometimes not. When he writes gibberish, I have told him
> so. Sometimes, it is not even worth replying. When others attack him,
> unnecesarily (IMO), I tell them so.

To be honest, I've dismissed him as a troll and KF'ed him ages ago, due to
the fact that just about every post he makes is gibberish, crossposted and
usually includes groups which have no relevance to Steam or HL2. If that
isn't trolling, then what is?
I don't see him as either a victim or a hero. After all, he does bring it
upon himself.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

Andrew

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:45:58 -0500, GeoTheCat wrote:

>"Feed the troll"? From his nick, I would guess it's the troll himself.

The headers are completely different.

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:45:58 -0500, GeoTheCat wrote:
>
> >"Feed the troll"? From his nick, I would guess it's the troll himself.
>
> The headers are completely different.

not to mention sentence structure, tone etc etc

dr ratt

"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost.> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 06:45:58 -0500, GeoTheCat wrote:
>>
>> >"Feed the troll"? From his nick, I would guess it's the troll himself.
>>
>> The headers are completely different.
>
> not to mention sentence structure, tone etc etc
>
> dr ratt

That is some of the funniest things I have ever heard. You can tell TONE
from a sentence on your computer screen. SENTENCE STRUCTURE, would you care
to show us how the sentence structure is different and please provide
specific examples and how this 'proves' it is not the same person.

Headers are different if he is using a different ISP, pretty easy to find
free or cheap newsgroup services.

Andrew

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:58:40 -0500, "CounterStrikeJunkie"
<uioc@hotel6.com> wrote:

>That is some of the funniest things I have ever heard. You can tell TONE
>from a sentence on your computer screen. SENTENCE STRUCTURE, would you care
>to show us how the sentence structure is different and please provide
>specific examples and how this 'proves' it is not the same person.

You don't need to be a cunning linguist to analyse the differences.
DiF***wit is not a native English speaker, or if he is he is rather
backward, his spelling and grammar is terrible and every sentence is
completely insane and ends with an exclamation mark. The OP was
talking bollocks, but at least it was coherent bollocks.

"CounterStrikeJunkie" <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote in message

> That is some of the funniest things I have ever heard. You can tell TONE

yes tone. did he rant at all? i don't think so.

> from a sentence on your computer screen. SENTENCE STRUCTURE, would you
care
> to show us how the sentence structure is different and please provide

check for yourself, i'm sure you'll find plenty of his posts to compare
against steammadman's.

> specific examples and how this 'proves' it is not the same person.

proof, no. its my opinion. like the rest of you, its all i have.

dr ratt

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:58:40 -0500, "CounterStrikeJunkie"
> <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote:
> You don't need to be a cunning linguist to analyse the differences.
> DiF***wit is not a native English speaker, or if he is he is rather
> backward, his spelling and grammar is terrible and every sentence is
> completely insane and ends with an exclamation mark. The OP was
> talking bollocks, but at least it was coherent bollocks.

spot on, dude. steammadman does seem a native english speaker, imo.

dr ratt

I respect your stand regarding your constructive, non-discriminatory
approach regarding Mr. sayNO2STEAM(formerly known as DiFool)'s posts.
You have my respect, Mr. Chadwick.
SteamMadman.

"STEAMMadman" <steammadman@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message
>I respect your stand regarding your constructive, non-discriminatory
> approach regarding Mr. sayNO2STEAM(formerly known as DiFool)'s posts.
> You have my respect, Mr. Chadwick.
> SteamMadman.

Get off your knees DiFOOL, do you really think anyone is buying this load of
horseshit.

CounterStrikeJunkie <uioc@hotel6.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:
> "STEAMMadman" <steammadman@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message
>> I respect your stand regarding your constructive, non-discriminatory
>> approach regarding Mr. sayNO2STEAM(formerly known as DiFool)'s posts.
>> You have my respect, Mr. Chadwick.
>> SteamMadman.
>>

> Get off your knees DiFOOL, do you really think anyone is buying this
> load of horseshit.

DiFool would've crossposted it, used exclamation points after every
sentence, and completely ignored the conventions of capitalisation and
sentence structure. ;)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

I would like to confirm that I am not Mr. "sayN02STEAM" (formerly known as
"DiFool").
I would like to express that I have no connection with Mr. DiFool nor I am on
his paycheck.:)
The only connection I have with him is a common philosophical and social point
of view regarding Consumers' Rights.
Hope This Clear Up Some Suspicion, Confusion.
Regards,
STEAMMadman.

Andrew wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:58:40 -0500, "CounterStrikeJunkie"
> <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote:
>
> >That is some of the funniest things I have ever heard. You can tell TONE
> >from a sentence on your computer screen. SENTENCE STRUCTURE, would you care
> >to show us how the sentence structure is different and please provide
> >specific examples and how this 'proves' it is not the same person.
>
> You don't need to be a cunning linguist to analyse the differences.
> DiF***wit is not a native English speaker, or if he is he is rather
> backward, his spelling and grammar is terrible and every sentence is
> completely insane and ends with an exclamation mark. The OP was
> talking bollocks, but at least it was coherent bollocks.

Jab

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2004

STEAMMadman wrote:
> SayNO2STEAM is a hero or victim of Persecution?
> I think he is a little bit of both.
> He dares to point out the facts that many people dare not see and he is
> brave enough to confront waves and waves of rude remarks of arrogant
> Developer's fanboys who is the majority this newsgroup.
> He is still fighting this lonely struggle against hordes of minions of
> fervent and fanatic rich, spoilt acid-tongued sarcastic childish
> fanboys.
> He is the only one who sees the imperfection of some unecessary
> applications when majority of people are blindly denied it due to their
> trendy and fanatic worship of some over-hyped Developers. (The Emperor's
> New Clothes syndrome, he is the only one sees that the Emperor is
> actually naked.).
> He does not deserve the persecution he gets from this newsgroup.
> Society needs people like him, who sees the imperfection behind the
> lacquered glory of establishments to fight for consumers' rights despite
> the facts that there are some consumers who are willingly surrender that
> right to get the vanity of being a favorite pets of some Developers.
> Consumers rights must triumph over the Vanity of Fanboys.

Will you stop changing you name diFool? ... another one for the KF.

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:09:16 GMT, "EvilBill"
<quake2livesGETLOSTSPAMMERS@gmail.com> wrote:

>CounterStrikeJunkie <uioc@hotel6.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
>spoo:
>> "STEAMMadman" <steammadman@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message
>>> I respect your stand regarding your constructive, non-discriminatory
>>> approach regarding Mr. sayNO2STEAM(formerly known as DiFool)'s posts.
>>> You have my respect, Mr. Chadwick.
>>> SteamMadman.
>>>

>> Get off your knees DiFOOL, do you really think anyone is buying this
>> load of horseshit.
>
>DiFool would've crossposted it, used exclamation points after every
>sentence, and completely ignored the conventions of capitalisation and
>sentence structure. ;)
>
>--

Maybe he's evolved into a very sneaky and intelligent troll?

Right, what am I thinking??? I will now retract my earlier statement
and agree with Andrew and others. :)

Erik