Grant access to files in a nested folder

a b 8 Security
September 14, 2005 3:13:09 PM

I need to grant access to specific files in M:\Departments\PARTNER\Partner
Minimum Standards\ without giving access to any other files or folders in
the directory structure. I cannot relocate any of the files or folders. Can
anyone tell me how to do this? Right now I assume that the user cant get to
them because they dont have rights to see the folders above.

TIA,
Chad
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 14, 2005 5:15:27 PM

"Chad Smith" <chad.smith@nospam.condley.com> wrote in message
>I need to grant access to specific files in M:\Departments\PARTNER\Partner
>Minimum Standards\ without giving access to any other files or folders in
>the directory structure. I cannot relocate any of the files or folders. Can
>anyone tell me how to do this? Right now I assume that the user cant get to
>them because they dont have rights to see the folders above.

Create a new share for that folder. Give the users appropriate permissions
for the new share. If needed map a drive on the client pc's to the new
share.

Kerry
!