Grant access to files in a nested folder

I need to grant access to specific files in M:\Departments\PARTNER\Partner
Minimum Standards\ without giving access to any other files or folders in
the directory structure. I cannot relocate any of the files or folders. Can
anyone tell me how to do this? Right now I assume that the user cant get to
them because they dont have rights to see the folders above.

TIA,
Chad
1 answer Last reply
More about grant access files nested folder

    "Chad Smith" <chad.smith@nospam.condley.com> wrote in message
    >I need to grant access to specific files in M:\Departments\PARTNER\Partner
    >Minimum Standards\ without giving access to any other files or folders in
    >the directory structure. I cannot relocate any of the files or folders. Can
    >anyone tell me how to do this? Right now I assume that the user cant get to
    >them because they dont have rights to see the folders above.

    Create a new share for that folder. Give the users appropriate permissions
    for the new share. If needed map a drive on the client pc's to the new
    share.

    Kerry

Security Microsoft Windows XP