jcc

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Hello:

I have a Laptop connected via Wireless and a PC connected with with the
regular cable.

I am trying to set up a small network between the 2 of them but I can not It
gives me the following message:"\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not
have permission to use this Network resource. Contact the administrator of
this server to find out if you have access permissions."

Well I have windows XP pro in both machines and they are in the same
workgroup and they can ping each other and find each other, but not access to
it. And access to internet is Ok.
I am also loggin as administrator in both machines.
In my router (Linksys WRT54G V3.1) the are in the table of attached devices.

Anyway I would apprecite any kind of help.

Thanks

Have you actually shared any folders? Is there a matching user name/password combination on both machines?

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D78AC6E-7F0B-499F-BF8E-7904EE54F642@microsoft.com...
> Hello:
>
> I have a Laptop connected via Wireless and a PC connected with with the
> regular cable.
>
> I am trying to set up a small network between the 2 of them but I can not It
> gives me the following message:"\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not
> have permission to use this Network resource. Contact the administrator of
> this server to find out if you have access permissions."
>
> Well I have windows XP pro in both machines and they are in the same
> workgroup and they can ping each other and find each other, but not access to
> it. And access to internet is Ok.
> I am also loggin as administrator in both machines.
> In my router (Linksys WRT54G V3.1) the are in the table of attached devices.
>
> Anyway I would apprecite any kind of help.
>
> Thanks

jcc

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

Yes I have shared folders, and I have different users to login into each
machine.

I have also tried de "\\" deal but not luck.

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Have you actually shared any folders? Is there a matching user name/password combination on both machines?

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D78AC6E-7F0B-499F-BF8E-7904EE54F642@microsoft.com...
> > Hello:
> >
> > I have a Laptop connected via Wireless and a PC connected with with the
> > regular cable.
> >
> > I am trying to set up a small network between the 2 of them but I can not It
> > gives me the following message:"\\Laptop is not accessible. You might not
> > have permission to use this Network resource. Contact the administrator of
> > this server to find out if you have access permissions."
> >
> > Well I have windows XP pro in both machines and they are in the same
> > workgroup and they can ping each other and find each other, but not access to
> > it. And access to internet is Ok.
> > I am also loggin as administrator in both machines.
> > In my router (Linksys WRT54G V3.1) the are in the table of attached devices.
> >
> > Anyway I would apprecite any kind of help.
> >
> > Thanks

In a non-domain environment you need matching username/password combinations on both machines.