Hi,
I just re-installed IE and since then have been getting the
"Open File: Security Warning" messages for most programs
I try to run (local ones, NOT downloads).

I did disable this before, but have forgotten how to. Googling for
the answer only came up with how to disable this for files on a network
(by adding to zone) and when downloading files in IE.

Could anyone tell me where in the registry this can be disabled?

Regards,
VT

Oops,
I should add: I have Home Edition, so no access to gpedit.msc

VT

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10168_7-5543540-1.html?tag=nav

In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Under Security clear the checkbox for "Check for signatures on downloaded programs."

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"vkov tinsky" <vkovtinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FD75B2-605E-4233-82A9-0FBBFF035EAD@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I just re-installed IE and since then have been getting the
> "Open File: Security Warning" messages for most programs
> I try to run (local ones, NOT downloads).
>
> I did disable this before, but have forgotten how to. Googling for
> the answer only came up with how to disable this for files on a network
> (by adding to zone) and when downloading files in IE.
>
> Could anyone tell me where in the registry this can be disabled?
>
> Regards,
> VT

TRENDING THREADS