Open File (local) Security Warning

Hi,
I just re-installed IE and since then have been getting the
"Open File: Security Warning" messages for most programs
I try to run (local ones, NOT downloads).

I did disable this before, but have forgotten how to. Googling for
the answer only came up with how to disable this for files on a network
(by adding to zone) and when downloading files in IE.

Could anyone tell me where in the registry this can be disabled?

Regards,
VT
2 answers Last reply
More about open file local security warning

    Oops,
    I should add: I have Home Edition, so no access to gpedit.msc

    VT

    http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10168_7-5543540-1.html?tag=nav

    In IE go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Under Security clear the checkbox for "Check for signatures on downloaded programs."

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "vkov tinsky" <vkovtinsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5FD75B2-605E-4233-82A9-0FBBFF035EAD@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    > I just re-installed IE and since then have been getting the
    > "Open File: Security Warning" messages for most programs
    > I try to run (local ones, NOT downloads).
    >
    > I did disable this before, but have forgotten how to. Googling for
    > the answer only came up with how to disable this for files on a network
    > (by adding to zone) and when downloading files in IE.
    >
    > Could anyone tell me where in the registry this can be disabled?
    >
    > Regards,
    > VT

Internet Explorer Security Windows XP