Access Rights

About a week ago, i discovered that my mother bored, asus, had died on me.
That model is no longer avalable. So I invested in a new asus mother bored
re-connecting the hard drive to th new mother bored. I then found out that my
old system could not be corrected or could not be repaired by the windows
disk. So i installed a new system on another hard disk. The information on my
old hard drive is despratly needed, but ever time i go to access 'documents
and setting' and into my old personal file, a message comes up 'D:\Documents
and setting\personal is not accessable Access id
denied'. I know that password, and the user name but how do i get back into
it, now?
1 answer Last reply
More about access rights

    See Help and Support and search for "take ownership"

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308421

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "help please madolly" <help please madolly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C4B3FD9-680E-44AC-BFE6-E1D35DE94126@microsoft.com...
    > About a week ago, i discovered that my mother bored, asus, had died on me.
    > That model is no longer avalable. So I invested in a new asus mother bored
    > re-connecting the hard drive to th new mother bored. I then found out that my
    > old system could not be corrected or could not be repaired by the windows
    > disk. So i installed a new system on another hard disk. The information on my
    > old hard drive is despratly needed, but ever time i go to access 'documents
    > and setting' and into my old personal file, a message comes up 'D:\Documents
    > and setting\personal is not accessable Access id
    > denied'. I know that password, and the user name but how do i get back into
    > it, now?

Hard Drives Windows XP