Is there any way to disable the stupid auto-weapons switch..

It's the thing where you walk over a new weapon and it automatically
switches to it if it's more powerful. I looked for some kind of toggle in
the cfg file, but didn't see anything. Please tell me there's a way to
disable this!

"Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It's the thing where you walk over a new weapon and it automatically
> switches to it if it's more powerful. I looked for some kind of toggle in
> the cfg file, but didn't see anything. Please tell me there's a way to
> disable this!

can't remember what the actual command is but in cs.source there's a tick
box in the config page - surely dm2 has similar.

dr ratt

"dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> It's the thing where you walk over a new weapon and it automatically
>> switches to it if it's more powerful. I looked for some kind of toggle
>> in
>> the cfg file, but didn't see anything. Please tell me there's a way to
>> disable this!
>>

> can't remember what the actual command is but in cs.source there's a tick
> box in the config page - surely dm2 has similar.

If it does, I can't find it.

> > can't remember what the actual command is but in cs.source there's a
tick
> > box in the config page - surely dm2 has similar.
> >

> If it does, I can't find it.

options menu, then advanced button

> "Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > can't remember what the actual command is but in cs.source there's a
> tick
>> > box in the config page - surely dm2 has similar.
>> >

>> If it does, I can't find it.
>>

> options menu, then advanced button

Only thing I see is under Options>Keyboard (tab)>Advanced, and it's "fast
weapons switch." I don't think this is the same thing, as this is
disabled...I believe "fast weapons switch" is when you press a number button
and the weapon you selected automaticaly comes up.

> "dr ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Patrick Michael" <heismanpat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > tick
> >> >

> >> If it does, I can't find it.
> >>

> > options menu, then advanced button
> >

> Only thing I see is under Options>Keyboard (tab)>Advanced, and it's "fast
> weapons switch." I don't think this is the same thing, as this is
> disabled...I believe "fast weapons switch" is when you press a number
button
> and the weapon you selected automaticaly comes up.

you are correct about fast switch but the option i referred to is on the
multiplayer game page, advanced button [cs.s].
after checking my config.cfg the most likely candidate is - cl_autowepswitch
"0" to prevent switching to the newly acquired weapon.

dr ratt