Recommendations on a high-capacity SATA hard drive

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
March 31, 2004 1:24:10 PM

Hello,

I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
100 to 200 gigabytes?

Thanks,
Elery
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 1, 2004 10:28:51 AM

For $119, with free 2nd day UPS shipping, and a three year warranty, you can
go to www.zipzoomfly.com and get a 160GB Samsung SATA drive. I have never
used a samsung drive myself but you gotta love the three year warranty. I
get the Wester Digitals with the 3 yr. warranty.

--Dan

<mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:p 3sl60plvqq03t6buedbsptvermkh32hoe@4ax.com...

> Hello,
>
> I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
> recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
> 100 to 200 gigabytes?
>
> Thanks,
> Elery
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 1, 2004 10:36:47 AM

The more I look at that drive the better it gets, 8mb buffer, fluid bearing,
thats a pretty sweet sounding deal.

--Dan

"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D EOac.17050$807.13889@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> For $119, with free 2nd day UPS shipping, and a three year warranty, you
can
> go to www.zipzoomfly.com and get a 160GB Samsung SATA drive. I have never
> used a samsung drive myself but you gotta love the three year warranty. I
> get the Wester Digitals with the 3 yr. warranty.
>
> --Dan
>
> <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:p 3sl60plvqq03t6buedbsptvermkh32hoe@4ax.com...
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
> > recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
> > 100 to 200 gigabytes?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Elery

Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 2, 2004 6:56:01 AM

Samsung your lucky they got a 3 year warranty you will need it :)

Just dont put anything important onthe drive and back it up.

!