Recommendations on a high-capacity SATA hard drive

Hello,

I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
100 to 200 gigabytes?

Thanks,
Elery
3 answers Last reply
More about recommendations high capacity sata hard drive

    For $119, with free 2nd day UPS shipping, and a three year warranty, you can
    go to www.zipzoomfly.com and get a 160GB Samsung SATA drive. I have never
    used a samsung drive myself but you gotta love the three year warranty. I
    get the Wester Digitals with the 3 yr. warranty.

    --Dan

    <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
    > recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
    > 100 to 200 gigabytes?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Elery

    The more I look at that drive the better it gets, 8mb buffer, fluid bearing,
    thats a pretty sweet sounding deal.

    --Dan

    "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > For $119, with free 2nd day UPS shipping, and a three year warranty, you
    can
    > go to www.zipzoomfly.com and get a 160GB Samsung SATA drive. I have never
    > used a samsung drive myself but you gotta love the three year warranty. I
    > get the Wester Digitals with the 3 yr. warranty.
    >
    > --Dan
    >
    > <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
    > > recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
    > > 100 to 200 gigabytes?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Elery

    Samsung your lucky they got a 3 year warranty you will need it :)

    Just dont put anything important onthe drive and back it up.

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 06:36:47 GMT, "dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >The more I look at that drive the better it gets, 8mb buffer, fluid bearing,
    >thats a pretty sweet sounding deal.
    >
    >--Dan
    >

    >"dg" <dan_gus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> For $119, with free 2nd day UPS shipping, and a three year warranty, you
    >can
    >> go to www.zipzoomfly.com and get a 160GB Samsung SATA drive. I have never
    >> used a samsung drive myself but you gotta love the three year warranty. I
    >> get the Wester Digitals with the 3 yr. warranty.
    >>
    >> --Dan
    >>
    >> <mail@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Hello,
    >> >
    >> > I am in the market for a high-capacity SATA hard drive. Can anyone
    >> > recommend a fast drive that is relatively quiet and is anywhere from
    >> > 100 to 200 gigabytes?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Elery

SATA Hard Drives Storage