Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with first Half-Life

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 8:58:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I have a problem.
When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
only get to the main menu.
Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
the tech support place.

More about : problem half life

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 9:43:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
then running it:
Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
returned=57671680.

and what does HTH mean?
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:18:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

> Are you on broadband?
I hope that is how you quote...

.... yes. Yes I am

one of the downloads worked
Related resources
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 5:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote
> I have a problem.
> When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
> only get to the main menu.
> Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
> My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
> the tech support place.

The later patches *before* steam was implemented used a no-cd crack...
http://www.fileplanet.com/57317/50000/fileinfo/Half-Lif...(Full-Client)

You will need to register to download it.
HTH young man.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 6:52:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Robtcee13" wrote

>I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
> then running it:
> Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
> returned=57671680.
>
Bugger, bad file or bad download

Here's some more links
http://downloads.gameplanet.co.nz/cat.dyn/Half-Life/Off...
http://www.gibgames.com/files.php
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/2457
http://editingarchive.com/view.php?ID=193

Try searching on Google for more

Are you on broadband?

> and what does HTH mean?
>
HTH = Hope This Helps :-)

- Peter
Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:10:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?)

"Robtcee13" wrote

>> Are you on broadband?

> I hope that is how you quote...
>
Close enough :) 

> ... yes. Yes I am
>
Just wondering if it was fileplanet (again) or a bad connection

> one of the downloads worked
>
Hurrayh - and good luck
and - please - no cheating until you have finalized the game :-)

- Peter
!