Problem with first Half-Life

I have a problem.
When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
only get to the main menu.
Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
the tech support place.

I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
then running it:
Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
returned=57671680.

and what does HTH mean?

> Are you on broadband?
I hope that is how you quote...

.... yes. Yes I am

one of the downloads worked

"Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote
> I have a problem.
> When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
> only get to the main menu.
> Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
> My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
> the tech support place.

The later patches *before* steam was implemented used a no-cd crack...
http://www.fileplanet.com/57317/50000/fileinfo/Half-Life-1.1.1.0-Client-(Full-Client)

You will need to register to download it.
HTH young man.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"Robtcee13" wrote

>I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
> then running it:
> Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
> returned=57671680.

ah heck, bad file or bad download

Here's some more links
http://downloads.gameplanet.co.nz/cat.dyn/Half-Life/Official/
http://www.gibgames.com/files.php
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/2457
http://editingarchive.com/view.php?ID=193

Try searching on Google for more

Are you on broadband?

> and what does HTH mean?

HTH = Hope This Helps :)

- Peter

"Robtcee13" wrote

>> Are you on broadband?

> I hope that is how you quote...

Close enough :)

> ... yes. Yes I am

Just wondering if it was fileplanet (again) or a bad connection

> one of the downloads worked

Hurrayh - and good luck
and - please - no cheating until you have finalized the game :)

- Peter