Problem with first Half-Life

I have a problem.
When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
only get to the main menu.
Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
the tech support place.
5 answers Last reply
More about problem half life

    I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
    then running it:
    Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
    returned=57671680.

    and what does HTH mean?

    > Are you on broadband?
    I hope that is how you quote...

    .... yes. Yes I am

    one of the downloads worked

    "Robtcee13" <Robtcee13@yahoo.com> wrote
    > I have a problem.
    > When I try to open half-life, It will not take the CD, Therefore I can
    > only get to the main menu.
    > Is there a Patch to run it with out the CD?
    > My dad will not let me use Steam. Don't send me any links to that or
    > the tech support place.

    The later patches *before* steam was implemented used a no-cd crack...
    http://www.fileplanet.com/57317/50000/fileinfo/Half-Life-1.1.1.0-Client-(Full-Client)

    You will need to register to download it.
    HTH young man.
    --
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    "Robtcee13" wrote

    >I got this error message after waiting 10 minutes for it to download,
    > then running it:
    > Could not initialize installation. file size expected=86011604, size
    > returned=57671680.

    Bugger, bad file or bad download

    Here's some more links
    http://downloads.gameplanet.co.nz/cat.dyn/Half-Life/Official/
    http://www.gibgames.com/files.php
    http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/2457
    http://editingarchive.com/view.php?ID=193

    Try searching on Google for more

    Are you on broadband?

    > and what does HTH mean?

    HTH = Hope This Helps :-)

    - Peter

    "Robtcee13" wrote

    >> Are you on broadband?

    > I hope that is how you quote...

    Close enough :)

    > ... yes. Yes I am

    Just wondering if it was fileplanet (again) or a bad connection

    > one of the downloads worked

    Hurrayh - and good luck
    and - please - no cheating until you have finalized the game :-)

    - Peter

Games CD-Rom Video Games