Gigabyte Shows "3D Power" Control On X79 Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]sgtopmobile[/nom]whats better the G1.assassin 2 or the x79-ud7?[/citation]
Me

G

And of course people end up prefering and using the bios.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sgtopmobile[/nom]whats better the G1.assassin 2 or the x79-ud7?[/citation]
id personally go X79-UD5 just because of the ram drive i could make on the cheap,

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kjsfnkwl[/nom]I couldn't care less about the specs, but man, the orange X79-UD7 is one damn sexy motherboard.[/citation]

halloween theme, got to love that, my favroite holiday.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Not enough memory slots. Fail![/citation]

they're on each side of the CPU.

Question though: why does the ud5 have 8 RAM slots, and the ud7 only have 4 ?

damn those goddamn motherboards look good.
the g1 assassin and x79-ud7 look pretty loud, in a good way.
i'd prefer the x79-ud5 for the ram slots tho', i can make good use of those. :)
i don't think you'd find many of the x79 mobo features in z68 boards.

slyphnier

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008

AFAIK G1. assasin is for gamer mind
you get killerNIC and creative soundcard

as for UD7 is more for enthusiast/OC
as you can see, there board have several voltage button as well voltage pins to measure voltage

UD5 and UD3 basically toned down from UD7

its good things gigabyte now make each product more clearly.. the difference is just more visible

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Mark Heath[/nom]I could be wrong about this, but isn't that orange "UD7" their -OC mobo?[citation][nom]sgtopmobile[/nom]whats better the G1.assassin 2 or the x79-ud7?[/citation]

It's a matter of opinion but I bet most people would say the X79-UD7.

The G1.Assassin 2 has a Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 NIC which is supposed to lower ping times and a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi digital audio processor which should be better than any other on-board audio solution.

The X79-UD7 has a 20 phase CPU VRM and 6 phase RAM VRM compared to the G1.Assassin 2 and X79-UD3 which only have an 8 phase and the X79-UD5 which has a 12 phase. That, on top of a few other OC goodies make it by far the enthusiast's choice (as for Gigabyte anyway) motherboard.

[citation][nom]Mark Heath[/nom]I could be wrong about this, but isn't that orange "UD7" their -OC mobo?[/citation]

Not quite. Their old OC mobo had the same color scheme so it's easy to make that mistake and this new X79-UD7 is essentially the successor to their old OC but they didn't put it in the name.

[citation][nom]lradunovic77[/nom]Not enough memory slots. Fail![/citation]

8 DIMMs takes a lot of space. They have their reasons but I would hardly call it a fail.

[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]why does ud5 have 8 RAM slots, and ud7 only have 4?[/citation]

Because Intel recommends 1 DIMM per channel for maximum performance and that certainly is the case for OCing.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
I would say G1 for having Bigfoot Killer E2100 network processor and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi, which if you buy as separate cards cost something in the range of 200 bucks.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
the orange is bad ass wish it had a pci. looking forward to the benchmarks or these ivy bridge, even know its performance is most likely overkill for games for 5 years or better...

Status
Not open for further replies.