How to retrieve the activation code after XP is successful..

Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
code I used to activate XP?

Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about retrieve activation code successful

    Yushan <Yushan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
    >is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
    >code I used to activate XP?
    >
    >Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

    The product key used during the installation, which some people
    confuse with the activation code, can be determined by using Magic
    Jelly Bean key finder: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
    An activation code would normally only be encountered during a
    telephone activation, where you would provide them with a numeric
    value generated by your computer's telephone activation screen and
    they would give you another value (the activation code) to enter into
    your computer.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    No. If you need to reactivate, usually it will activate over the internet with no issues. Or you can activate by telephone, and its an automated process. Rarely will you have to speak to a human.
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Yushan" <Yushan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBE4FB18-DBBB-4299-8604-F4826AF81023@microsoft.com...
    > Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
    > is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
    > code I used to activate XP?
    >
    > Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

Security Microsoft Windows XP