How to retrieve the activation code after XP is successful..

Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
code I used to activate XP?

Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

Yushan <Yushan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does the activation code get stored somewhere (e.g. the registry) after XP
>is successfully activated? Is there a way I can retrieve the activation
>code I used to activate XP?
>
>Any feedback will be most appreciated, thanks.

The product key used during the installation, which some people
confuse with the activation code, can be determined by using Magic
Jelly Bean key finder: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
An activation code would normally only be encountered during a
telephone activation, where you would provide them with a numeric
value generated by your computer's telephone activation screen and
they would give you another value (the activation code) to enter into
your computer.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

No. If you need to reactivate, usually it will activate over the internet with no issues. Or you can activate by telephone, and its an automated process. Rarely will you have to speak to a human.
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.