Damn, this newsgroup is getting silly...

Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

On 3/5/2005 8:12 AM Westman brightened our day with:

>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see any
of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going besides
that I suppose.
Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

"Westman" <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4229da8b$0$82247$dbd4f001@news.wanadoo.nl...
> Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

Getting silly? It's been that way for quite some time.

"Westman" <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

I remember the good old days. Before the bears came.

In the times of Yore, approximately 3 moons after Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:08:10 GMT, there was a signal from
the heavens from where the angel LymanAlpha <ioo@??.¿¿¿> emblazoned these words across the heavens:

>On 3/5/2005 8:12 AM Westman brightened our day with:
>
>>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.
>>

>I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see any
>of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going besides
>that I suppose.
>Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?

I haven't bothered, I just flick along until I see a familiar name.

But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and sadly a lot of regs seem to have
bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to be awol too...

Civilian_Target
---
"The great thing about pessimism is that you are either 'right as usual' or 'pleasently surprised'

"Civilian_Target" <tadhgpNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and sadly a
> lot of regs seem to have
> bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to
> be awol too...
>
> Civilian_Target

Yah, because the 'regs' as you call them improve the signal to noise ratio,
YAH RIGHT< give me a break

shawk

Civilian_Target wrote:
> In the times of Yore, approximately 3 moons after Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:08:10 GMT, there was a signal from
> the heavens from where the angel LymanAlpha <ioo@??.¿¿¿> emblazoned these words across the heavens:
>

>>On 3/5/2005 8:12 AM Westman brightened our day with:
>>

>>>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.
>>>

>>I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see any
>>of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going besides
>>that I suppose.
>>Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?
>

> I haven't bothered, I just flick along until I see a familiar name.
>
> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and sadly a lot of regs seem to have
> bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to be awol too...
>
> Civilian_Target
> ---
> "The great thing about pessimism is that you are either 'right as usual' or 'pleasently surprised'

I'm guessing a lot of folk are living an alternate reality in WOW. One
of the reasons I've haven't indulged is that it looks like it could be
pretty time consuming.

--
I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
'done it'...

"CounterStrikeJunkie" <uioc@hotel6.com> wrote in message
> "Civilian_Target" <tadhgpNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and
>> sadly a lot of regs seem to have
>> bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri
>> seems to be awol too...
>>
>> Civilian_Target
>
> Yah, because the 'regs' as you call them improve the signal to noise
> ratio, YAH RIGHT< give me a break

One mans trash is another mans treasure. You got yours... we got ours.
Life is good :)
McG.

>>I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see any
>>of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going besides
>>that I suppose.
>>Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?
>
> I haven't bothered, I just flick along until I see a familiar name.
>
> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and sadly a
> lot of regs seem to have
> bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to
> be awol too...

Maybe when there are some interesting single player mods available (and I
don't mean stuff like Gary's mod).

> Civilian_Target
> ---
> "The great thing about pessimism is that you are either 'right as usual'
> or 'pleasently surprised'

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:12:56 +0100, "Westman"
<yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

It's not like we didn't tell you this was going to happen.

-----
Anders Simonsson
Website: http://www.anderssimonsson.com/

Anders Simonsson wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:12:56 +0100, "Westman"
> <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.
>
> It's not like we didn't tell you this was going to happen.

We're all capable of starting an "inetresting" thread. I guess there's
not much to discuss except what's on here already.

Civilian_Target wrote:
> In the times of Yore, approximately 3 moons after Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:08:10 GMT, there was a signal from
> the heavens from where the angel LymanAlpha <ioo@??.¿¿¿> emblazoned these words across the heavens:
>

>>On 3/5/2005 8:12 AM Westman brightened our day with:
>>

>>>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.
>>>

>>I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see any
>>of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going besides
>>that I suppose.
>>Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?
>

> I haven't bothered, I just flick along until I see a familiar name.
>
> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and sadly a lot of regs seem to have
> bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to be awol too...
>
> Civilian_Target
> ---
> "The great thing about pessimism is that you are either 'right as usual' or 'pleasently surprised'

Methinks it's that damn World of Warcraft. :-\
It's ruined them real good.

--
Jethro[AGHL] aka Phat_Pinger
Reply Email: jethro86 (at) gmail (dot) com

In article <jhhk219mams8m2joqrulqnmn2k2180hv0n@4ax.com>,
Civilian_Target <tadhgpNOSPAM@bigfoot.com> wrote:

and sadly a
> lot of regs seem to have bailed of late - I haven't seen bold about for months, and stri seems to be
> awol too...

Bold left Usenet for reasons unknown at present (although they could
have a lot to do with moving to Chicago, new job, change of ISP, etc),
and Stri is lost in WoW, as are several others :)

___
Neil
AKA HighVis

Stay away from the voodoo

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I found an old tele...

Nick wrote:
> I found an old tele...
>
> "Westman" <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.

....found one of Striders socks..... urgh

--

Jethro[AGHL] <me@work.no> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> Civilian_Target wrote:
>> In the times of Yore, approximately 3 moons after Sat, 05 Mar 2005
>> 19:08:10 GMT, there was a signal from the heavens from where the
>> angel LymanAlpha <ioo@??.¿¿¿> emblazoned these words across the
>> heavens:
>>> On 3/5/2005 8:12 AM Westman brightened our day with:

>>> I've set up some pretty discriminating filters, so now I hardly see
>>> any of the kook stuff. You're right, there isn't much else going
>>> besides that I suppose.
>>> Shouldn't there be or wasn't there an alt.games.half-life.whining?
>>

>> I haven't bothered, I just flick along until I see a familiar name.
>>
>> But yeah, the Signal to Noise ratio here is bad at the moment, and
>> sadly a lot of regs seem to have bailed of late - I haven't seen
>> bold about for months, and stri seems to be awol too... Civilian_Target
>> ---
>> "The great thing about pessimism is that you are either 'right as
>> usual' or 'pleasently surprised'
>
> Methinks it's that damn World of Warcraft. :-\
> It's ruined them real good.

And I'm still playing HL1 and Quake 2 ;)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

> Nick wrote:
>> I found an old tele...
>>
>> "Westman" <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Even if you sift through all the rubbish, there's not much left.
>>>

> ...found one of Striders socks..... urgh

Oh? What wall was it stuck to? :eek:\
McG.

shawk

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
>
>>Nick wrote:
>>
>>>I found an old tele...
>>>
>>>"Westman" <yknow_whoGEENSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>...found one of Striders socks..... urgh
>

> Oh? What wall was it stuck to? :eek:\
> McG.

Twas crawling along a floor all on it's own...

--

> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message

>>> ...found one of Striders socks..... urgh
>>

>> Oh? What wall was it stuck to? :eek:\
>> McG.
>>

> Twas crawling along a floor all on it's own...

eeeeewwww! {rolls up a newspaper} [SWAT!] got the bastige!
McG.

> Twas crawling along a floor all on it's own...
>
> --
> I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh... You've
> 'done it'...
> What do you mean?
> Well, I mean like,... you've SLEPT, with a lady...
> Yes...
> What's it like?

What's this, then? 'Romanes Eunt Domus'? 'People called Romanes they go the
house'?
It-- it says, 'Romans, go home'
No it doesn't