"Other" field in Outlook 2003 Contacts won't sync w/ MSM 2..

May 4, 2004 4:46:08 PM

Hello,

I use the "other" field frequently in Outlook 2003 contacts, but it seems
that will not sync w/ MSM 2003's contacts. I've checked and can't seem to
find a setting or a "field map" to correct this. Am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks!
Anonymous
May 5, 2004 12:10:33 AM

Not really. It's just that the things that do transfer are limited and
fixed. Nothing you can do about it if AS doesn't transfer that field.
Doesn't do custom fields either. Does do notes, so maybe you could put the
'other' info into the notes field?

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Blargh" <Blargh@nunya.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I use the "other" field frequently in Outlook 2003 contacts, but it seems
> that will not sync w/ MSM 2003's contacts. I've checked and can't seem to
> find a setting or a "field map" to correct this. Am I missing something
> obvious?
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 10:46:01 PM

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o Do%23mYkMEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Not really. It's just that the things that do transfer are limited and
> fixed. Nothing you can do about it if AS doesn't transfer that field.
> Doesn't do custom fields either. Does do notes, so maybe you could put
the
> 'other' info into the notes field?

Well, that blows goats! However, thanks for the response. Any ideas
regarding an alternative to AS?
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 1:34:59 AM

Not really. There are one or two other sync options, like Intellesync, but I
believe they also reley on AS. They might support more, but I don't really
know.

--

!