Security question - How can you tell if a drive has been G..

Last response: in Storage
Share
April 4, 2004 7:10:49 AM

Hello,

I fear that my original drive was ghosted
and replaced by a new one. That with the purpose
of sending my original drive to a firm that
performs data retreval.

Do yau have any idea on how I
can determine if I have a ghosted drive?

Thanks alot.

Bob.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
a b G Storage
April 4, 2004 2:40:33 PM

"bob" <op7g@videotron.ca> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I fear that my original drive was ghosted
> and replaced by a new one. That with the purpose
> of sending my original drive to a firm that
> performs data retreval.
>
> Do yau have any idea on how I
> can determine if I have a ghosted drive?
>
> Thanks alot.
>

> Bob.

Did you look at the serial #
?
April 4, 2004 3:44:00 PM

GHOST.EXE -FINGER
will show, unless they have used GHOST.EXE -FNF

"bob" <op7g@videotron.ca> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I fear that my original drive was ghosted
> and replaced by a new one. That with the purpose
> of sending my original drive to a firm that
> performs data retreval.
>
> Do yau have any idea on how I
> can determine if I have a ghosted drive?
>
> Thanks alot.
>

> Bob.

April 5, 2004 4:53:40 AM

In article <1DQbc.23$cS1.12@newsfe1-win>, .@text.news.virgin.net says...
> "bob" <op7g@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > I fear that my original drive was ghosted
> > and replaced by a new one. That with the purpose
> > of sending my original drive to a firm that
> > performs data retreval.
> >
> > Do yau have any idea on how I
> > can determine if I have a ghosted drive?
> >
> > Thanks alot.
> >

> > Bob.
>
> Did you look at the serial #
> ?