Jester

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2003

I have been informed that in order for one of my programs to communicate thru
my firewalls (Norton security & Windows XP) I must "force the ip address".
Anybody know what I need to do?
The program recognises that there is a firewall present & will not
communicate to the home server.

I have added the ip address to the home server to my trusted zones on norton
but this isn't working.

Any other ideas would be gatefully received.

Malke

Jester wrote:

> I have been informed that in order for one of my programs to
> communicate thru my firewalls (Norton security & Windows XP) I must
> "force the ip address". Anybody know what I need to do?
> The program recognises that there is a firewall present & will not
> communicate to the home server.
>
> I have added the ip address to the home server to my trusted zones on
> norton but this isn't working.
>
> Any other ideas would be gatefully received.

Describe the network setup, name the program, and describe better what
you need to do. My guess is that you have a router in place and your
program is trying to access something in the outside world (or vice
versa). In that case, you would need to assign a static IP address to
the target computer, possibly open specific ports in your firewall, and
do port forwarding to the target computer on the router.

However, without knowing your setup and the name of the program, it is
impossible to give you specific help. One solution might be for you to
contact the program's tech support and have them walk you through what
you need to do or point you to support documents on their website.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com