Making 2nd HDD C: on Thinkpad R40

I can set up the BIOS on my Thinkpad R40 to boot from my 2nd hard drive but
the 2nd hard drive still is assigned D:. I cannot change this from the
Administrative Services option in Windows XP.

Is there a way to boot from a 2nd HDD as C: and have the internal hard drive
appear as another letter?

--
Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@flyimc.com

    "Richard Kaplan" <rkaplan@flyimc.com> wrote in message
    > I can set up the BIOS on my Thinkpad R40 to boot from my 2nd hard drive
    but
    > the 2nd hard drive still is assigned D:. I cannot change this from the
    > Administrative Services option in Windows XP.
    >
    > Is there a way to boot from a 2nd HDD as C: and have the internal hard
    drive
    > appear as another letter?
    >
    > --
    > Richard Kaplan
    > rkaplan@flyimc.com
    > www.flyimc.com

    If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager called
    BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a bunch of
    people in the MS newgroups. It's fairly cheap ($30) and you can try before
    you buy. It's at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com.

    It allows you to do stuff like "hide" partitions, and have different configs
    for booting. I think it'll do what you want if I'm understanding.

    Also, they have their own news server and support is very good.

    I'm not associated with them, other than being a satisfied customer.

    Jim

    "Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message

    > If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager
    called
    > BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a bunch
    of

    Excellent idea... thanks. I'll report back and tell you if it works.

    --
    Richard Kaplan
    rkaplan@flyimc.com

    > "Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message
    >
    > > If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager
    > called
    > > BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a
    bunch
    > of
    >

    > Excellent idea... thanks. I'll report back and tell you if it works.
    >

    > --
    > Richard Kaplan
    > rkaplan@flyimc.com
    > www.flyimc.com

    Richard,

    You're welcome. As I mentioned, they have a news server, and if you have
    any questions, post there. They (actually, I think *he*) is really
    knowledgeable, and responses are normally very quick (though somewhat
    short...he doesn't seem to like to type a lot :))...

    Jim

Hard Drives Thinkpad Storage