Making 2nd HDD C: on Thinkpad R40

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
April 4, 2004 7:11:08 PM

I can set up the BIOS on my Thinkpad R40 to boot from my 2nd hard drive but
the 2nd hard drive still is assigned D:. I cannot change this from the
Administrative Services option in Windows XP.

Is there a way to boot from a 2nd HDD as C: and have the internal hard drive
appear as another letter?

--
Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@flyimc.com

"Richard Kaplan" <rkaplan@flyimc.com> wrote in message
> I can set up the BIOS on my Thinkpad R40 to boot from my 2nd hard drive
but
> the 2nd hard drive still is assigned D:. I cannot change this from the
> Administrative Services option in Windows XP.
>
> Is there a way to boot from a 2nd HDD as C: and have the internal hard
drive
> appear as another letter?
>
> --
> Richard Kaplan
> rkaplan@flyimc.com
> www.flyimc.com

If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager called
BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a bunch of
people in the MS newgroups. It's fairly cheap ($30) and you can try before
you buy. It's at http://www.terabyteunlimited.com.

It allows you to do stuff like "hide" partitions, and have different configs
for booting. I think it'll do what you want if I'm understanding.

Also, they have their own news server and support is very good.

I'm not associated with them, other than being a satisfied customer.

Jim
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 5, 2004 7:53:39 AM

"Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message

> If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager
called
> BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a bunch
of

Excellent idea... thanks. I'll report back and tell you if it works.

--
Richard Kaplan
rkaplan@flyimc.com

> "Ohaya" <Ohaya@NO_SPAM.cox.net> wrote in message
>
> > If you're interested, there's a Boot Manager/Partition Manager/Imager
> called
> > BootItNG. I've used it for years, having been turned on to it by a
bunch
> of
>

> Excellent idea... thanks. I'll report back and tell you if it works.
>

> --
> Richard Kaplan
> rkaplan@flyimc.com
> www.flyimc.com

Richard,

You're welcome. As I mentioned, they have a news server, and if you have
any questions, post there. They (actually, I think *he*) is really
knowledgeable, and responses are normally very quick (though somewhat
short...he doesn't seem to like to type a lot :) )...

Jim
!