Plumax External USB cases, any good ?

I'm looking at getting a Plumax external USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure.
Anyone have any experiences with this brand ?

"Tod" <no_spam_me@comcast.net> wrote in news:BMrcc.82735$K91.181421
@attbi_s02:

> I'm looking at getting a Plumax external USB 2.0 hard drive enclosure.
> Anyone have any experiences with this brand ?

I'm curious too. I was looking at it vs the ADS USB case. Apparently the
Plumax has the advantage of a newer USB to IDE chipset. I wonder if it's
faster. The major complaint I've read about USB 2.0 drives is that the
speed is not as fast as regular ATA, in part due to the usb/ata controller
chips found in these drive chassis.

I've heard that the firewire chassis give better sustained throughput, so I
was also considering the ADS dual firewire/usb case. Then getting the
Adaptec Duoconnect firewire/usb card. But apparently there are some issues
with Adaptec's drivers not supporting dual-cpu systems, which I've got a
dual P3-800. hmm.

It would be nice to know how the new Plumax chassis stacks up against the
older ADS chipset in USB 2.0 throughput.

TRENDING THREADS