i have a problem...the reason i post here is because i know there are
experienced people..so here it goes...
i had 2 partitions , and i wanted to transfer 5GB from one to another
cuz i needed more disk space ... i used partition magic and it broke
down in the middle of process.... so i did this... on first partition
i have windows, on another linux... (transfer space from linux to win)
.....i formated linux partition, installed XP on it, and eventually
installed internet and thats what i'm doing... first i tried using
"easy recovery" program but it didn't recover most of it... then i
read FAQ and using ptedit in dos i changed partition to "fat32" and
now i can see it in my XP ... that's alright, but unfortunaetly some
of the files are lost... for example,my directory in which were movies
( 20GB ) is now a 32KB file!
any suggestions ?

btw it broke down in 3rd move,when adding the Free space to first
partition , at about 66% of overall , and 22% of doing it...

On 6 Apr 2004 04:02:24 -0700, kreso_3d@yahoo.com (kreso) wrote:

>i have a problem...the reason i post here is because i know there are
>experienced people..so here it goes...
>i had 2 partitions , and i wanted to transfer 5GB from one to another
>cuz i needed more disk space ... i used partition magic and it broke
>down in the middle of process.... so i did this... on first partition
>i have windows, on another linux... (transfer space from linux to win)
>....i formated linux partition, installed XP on it, and eventually
>installed internet and thats what i'm doing... first i tried using
>"easy recovery" program but it didn't recover most of it... then i
>read FAQ and using ptedit in dos i changed partition to "fat32" and
>now i can see it in my XP ... that's alright, but unfortunaetly some
>of the files are lost... for example,my directory in which were movies
>( 20GB ) is now a 32KB file!
>any suggestions ?
>
>btw it broke down in 3rd move,when adding the Free space to first
>partition , at about 66% of overall , and 22% of doing it...

Avoid accessing the problem partition. You are responsible yourself
regarding how to avoid that.

Then you can get Findpart for DOS or Windows at

http://www.partitionsupport.com/utilities.htm

do:

findpart all fp.txt

and mail me the file fp.txt.