can no longer add IE favorites after downgrading to limite..

peter

For security reason, I change my regular account from administrator to
limited account. Now I can no longer add or delete favorites in IE. I can
still use them.

I can probably use cacls to give my limited account read/write permission to
the favorites folder, but that may not be following convention. What is the
correct solution to this problem?

I'm using XP Home.

Hi Peter,

Actually, we can add or delete favorites in IE. I have just tested this. So
I think it may be caused by disk issue.I think boot into Recovery Console
run chkdsk should be necessary.About how to boot into Recovery Console,
please refer to following article:

307654 How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307654

Hope it helps.You may also tell me that what is the exact error message
when you tried to add/del favorites in IE, I'll try to reserach.

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
>>From: "peter" <nospam@nospam.com>
>>Subject: can no longer add IE favorites after downgrading to limited
account
>>Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 00:56:34 -0700
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
>>
>>For security reason, I change my regular account from administrator to
>>limited account. Now I can no longer add or delete favorites in IE. I can
>>still use them.
>>
>>I can probably use cacls to give my limited account read/write permission
>>the favorites folder, but that may not be following convention. What is
the
>>correct solution to this problem?
>>
>>I'm using XP Home.

TRENDING THREADS