OK to disable sys restore point for other partitions?

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Is it OK to disable WinXP's system restore points for other
partitions? Some of these other partitons are NTFS and other are
FAT32 and they hold only data.

My objective is to reduce the size of the System Volume
Information. I have one on Do I need to have SVI folders at all on
these data partitions?

How exactly are system restore points disabled? (I read about it
in passing.)

sammy

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

control panel ---> system----> system restore (see tabs).

Sandy <sorry@no.email.please> schreef in artikel
<94C450C9B385674C1H4@64.62.191.203>...
> Is it OK to disable WinXP's system restore points for other
> partitions? Some of these other partitons are NTFS and other are
> FAT32 and they hold only data.
>
> My objective is to reduce the size of the System Volume
> Information. I have one on Do I need to have SVI folders at all on
> these data partitions?
>
> How exactly are system restore points disabled? (I read about it
> in passing.)

Gordon

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Sandy cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:

> Is it OK to disable WinXP's system restore points for other
> partitions? Some of these other partitons are NTFS and other are
> FAT32 and they hold only data.
>
> My objective is to reduce the size of the System Volume
> Information. I have one on Do I need to have SVI folders at all on
> these data partitions?
>
> How exactly are system restore points disabled? (I read about it
> in passing.)

System restore does not restore data - so if that's all that is on the
partitions then it won't restore anyway.