deleted subfolder in registry by mistake!

Hello,
I did a virus dectection check on the symnatec website and an adware
virus came up: Adware.180solutions.
I followed the removal instructions for the registry part but I accidently
deleted a subfolder in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units
This was the subfolder I deleted: Distribution Units.
I was meant to find the following file within this
folder;{99410CDE-6F16-42ce-9D49-3807F78F0287} but i deleted the subfolder
itself.
wat do i do?
thanks
emma
1 answer Last reply
More about deleted subfolder registry mistake

    Use System Restore. Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore and restore your computer to a point before you deleted the Registry key.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Emma Moore" <EmmaMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:062C95A4-93C5-44B0-9109-9882EFFCDC4D@microsoft.com...
    > Hello,
    > I did a virus dectection check on the symnatec website and an adware
    > virus came up: Adware.180solutions.
    > I followed the removal instructions for the registry part but I accidently
    > deleted a subfolder in the registry:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units
    > This was the subfolder I deleted: Distribution Units.
    > I was meant to find the following file within this
    > folder;{99410CDE-6F16-42ce-9D49-3807F78F0287} but i deleted the subfolder
    > itself.
    > wat do i do?
    > thanks
    > emma

Microsoft Virus Distribution Registry Windows XP