powerquest drive image restore question

im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other is
an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second partition
grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the 30meg
partition is created.

The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a pqer
/? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about powerquest drive image restore question

    What's wrong with the GUI?
    "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
    > machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other
    is
    > an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second
    partition
    > grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the
    30meg
    > partition is created.
    >
    > The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a pqer
    > /? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
    > I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
    > would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

    why do some people feel it's necessary to answer a question with another
    question? its for an UNATTENDED install.

    > What's wrong with the GUI?
    > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
    > > machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other
    > is
    > > an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second
    > partition
    > > grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the
    > 30meg
    > > partition is created.
    > >
    > > The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a
    pqer
    > > /? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
    > > I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
    > > would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

    Why?
    > why do some people feel it's necessary to answer a question with another
    > question? its for an UNATTENDED install.
    >
    > "Lil' Dave" <spamyourself@virus.net> wrote in message
    > > What's wrong with the GUI?
    > > "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > > im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of
    > > > machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the
    other
    > > is
    > > > an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second
    > > partition
    > > > grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the
    > > 30meg
    > > > partition is created.
    > > >
    > > > The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a
    > pqer
    > > > /? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
    > > > I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that
    it
    > > > would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

Partition Storage