powerquest drive image restore question

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other is
an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second partition
grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the 30meg
partition is created.

The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a pqer
/? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

What's wrong with the GUI?
"Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
> machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other
is
> an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second
partition
> grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the
30meg
> partition is created.
>
> The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a pqer
> /? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
> I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
> would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

why do some people feel it's necessary to answer a question with another
question? its for an UNATTENDED install.

> What's wrong with the GUI?
> "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > im using PQ drive image 5.0 (yes, it's old). I made a drive image of a
> > machine with 2 partitions. One is a 30 meg service partition, the other
> is
> > an 18 gig partition. I want to restore this such that the second
> partition
> > grows to whatever amount of space is left on the hard drive after the
> 30meg
> > partition is created.
> >
> > The only switch I see having to do with partition sizing when doing a
pqer
> > /? is /RPP (resize partitions proportionally).
> > I have no idea what this switch does or how it works... I intuit that it
> > would grow BOTH partitions. Any ideas? Thanks!

Why?