add/remove program list???

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

is it possible to remove a installed program's name from the add/remove
program list in the control panel. i recently had an important program
removes from my system by mistake. i would like to make it im possible for
tis to happen "by mistake" again.
if anyone knows how please help. i want to keep the program installed but
not have it show up in the list of programs in add/install programs.
thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about remove program list
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to reply to this
    thread

    "HK" wrote:

    > is it possible to remove a installed program's name from the add/remove
    > program list in the control panel. i recently had an important program
    > removes from my system by mistake. i would like to make it im possible for
    > tis to happen "by mistake" again.
    > if anyone knows how please help. i want to keep the program installed but
    > not have it show up in the list of programs in add/install programs.
    > thanks.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    HK wrote:
    > well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to reply to this
    > thread
    >
    Sometimes it might be a good idea to let other folks know how you
    solved a problem in case someone else was wondering the same thing.


    --
    >>ANIME SENSHI<<
    Marc D. Williams
    http://tvdog.shacknet.nu/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000
    http://www.geocities.com/wilmarcdw/ -- Win3.x Makeover
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    there is a file in:
    \Windows\inf\Sysoc.inf

    find it and open it.
    you will see texts like this:
    msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7
    WMAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wmaccess.inf,,7
    the file of the first line is "hide" in Add/Remove
    the file of the second line is not hide.

    alf


    "HK" <HK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:06C5FF28-0079-4FDB-B54D-3814D75917E4@microsoft.com...
    > is it possible to remove a installed program's name from the add/remove
    > program list in the control panel. i recently had an important program
    > removes from my system by mistake. i would like to make it im possible for
    > tis to happen "by mistake" again.
    > if anyone knows how please help. i want to keep the program installed
    but
    > not have it show up in the list of programs in add/install programs.
    > thanks.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Marc D. Williams wrote:
    > HK wrote:
    >> well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to
    >> reply to this thread
    >>
    > Sometimes it might be a good idea to let other folks know how you
    > solved a problem in case someone else was wondering the same thing.

    From www.kellys-korner.com

    Add and Remove

    Hide selective programs/applications listed in Add or Remove:Go to
    Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

    Local the program in question in the left pane. In the right pane, right
    click DisplayName and select rename: Add Quiet so it will read:
    QuietDisplayName. No reboot or refresh needed. Open Add or Remove - the
    listing is now gone. To revert, rename back to DisplayName.

    --
    Mike Pawlak
Ask a new question

Read More

Control Panel Security Microsoft Windows XP