HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

is it possible to remove a installed program's name from the add/remove
program list in the control panel. i recently had an important program
removes from my system by mistake. i would like to make it im possible for
tis to happen "by mistake" again.
if anyone knows how please help. i want to keep the program installed but
not have it show up in the list of programs in add/install programs.
thanks.

HK

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to reply to this
thread

HK wrote:
> well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to reply to this
> thread

Sometimes it might be a good idea to let other folks know how you
solved a problem in case someone else was wondering the same thing.

--
>>ANIME SENSHI<<
Marc D. Williams
http://tvdog.shacknet.nu/ -- DOS Internet & Tandy 1000
http://www.geocities.com/wilmarcdw/ -- Win3.x Makeover

there is a file in:
\Windows\inf\Sysoc.inf

find it and open it.
you will see texts like this:
msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7
WMAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wmaccess.inf,,7
the file of the first line is "hide" in Add/Remove
the file of the second line is not hide.

alf

"HK" <HK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it possible to remove a installed program's name from the add/remove
> program list in the control panel. i recently had an important program
> removes from my system by mistake. i would like to make it im possible for
> tis to happen "by mistake" again.
> if anyone knows how please help. i want to keep the program installed
but
> not have it show up in the list of programs in add/install programs.
> thanks.

map

Marc D. Williams wrote:
> HK wrote:
>> well i figured out the answer to my own question. so no need to
>>
> Sometimes it might be a good idea to let other folks know how you
> solved a problem in case someone else was wondering the same thing.

From www.kellys-korner.com

Add and Remove

Hide selective programs/applications listed in Add or Remove:Go to
Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Local the program in question in the left pane. In the right pane, right
click DisplayName and select rename: Add Quiet so it will read:
QuietDisplayName. No reboot or refresh needed. Open Add or Remove - the
listing is now gone. To revert, rename back to DisplayName.

--
Mike Pawlak