unable to delete user accounts

I am the system administrator and am trying to delete the user accounts that
are no longer needed on my computer but the computer locks up every time I
click on delete account. I chose to delete all files associated with the
account. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about unable delete user accounts

    help with deleting user account wrote:
    > I am the system administrator and am trying to delete the user
    > accounts that are no longer needed on my computer but the computer
    > locks up every time I click on delete account. I chose to delete all
    > files associated with the account. Can anyone help me troubleshoot
    > this problem?

    Locks up for how long. If you chose to delete all files - that could take a
    long time.
    Delete the accounts without deleting the files.
    Then go into C:\Documents and Settings and find the associated
    subdirectories.. Take ownership of them and delete them.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Computers Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP