restart in safe mode in xp

How do I restart in safe mode in xp? turning off the computer does not give
an option to restart in safe mode? thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about restart safe mode

    John Doe wrote:

    > How do I restart in safe mode in xp? turning off the computer does not give
    > an option to restart in safe mode? thanks.

    F8.

    Have a look at http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02.

    Notan

    Additionally, click Start, Run and enter MSCONFIG. Go to the BOOT.INI tab. Highlight the line that loads XP and check the /SAFEBOOT box. Reboot. Before you exit Safe Mode, make sure to go back and undo this change.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "John Doe" <cpgopala@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8gqXe.21464$tc7.4456@fe03.lga...
    > How do I restart in safe mode in xp? turning off the computer does not give
    > an option to restart in safe mode? thanks.

Safe Mode Security Microsoft Windows XP