Highway 17

WTF?
I am having a hell of a time.
Do you just try and haul ass or what?

Depends on where you're at? C'mon now get on the ball man.

"SHRED" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> WTF?
> I am having a hell of a time.
> Do you just try and haul ass or what?

There's several buildings off to the sides that you do not need to actually
go into. (Many are just full of enemies, and ammo, etc.) Unless they stop
you from driving (Wall, Door, Shield), just go past them if you're in a
hurry.

I of course entered each and every one for the fun of it, prolonging my
gaming experience. I even traversed the beach full of ant-lions using the
grav gun to build a path of steel siding and grabbed all the ammo and health
there was to find. (This took the better part of an hour and was truly an
excersice in patience.)

"No1ButU" <no1butu@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "SHRED" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> WTF?
>> I am having a hell of a time.
>> Do you just try and haul ass or what?
>
> There's several buildings off to the sides that you do not need to
> actually go into. (Many are just full of enemies, and ammo, etc.)
> Unless they stop you from driving (Wall, Door, Shield), just go past
> them if you're in a hurry.
>
> I of course entered each and every one for the fun of it, prolonging
> my gaming experience. I even traversed the beach full of ant-lions
> using the grav gun to build a path of steel siding and grabbed all
> the ammo and health there was to find. (This took the better part of
> an hour and was truly an excersice in patience.)

The Ant Lions. Wow. I learned the virtue of patience in being very
careful around these interesting creatures. I spent most of a Saturday
dealing with them on the beach where they put you and the buggy down
with the crane. I think they are the most acutely dangerous enemy I've
ever seen in a game. Half-Lifes 'sonic Hydra', the 3-giraffe-neck
pecking things used to hold that title, from Blast Pit. They're now in
2nd place :)
The ant lions are an amazing work in AI and scripting as well as 3D
modelling and animation, IMHO. They seem so lifelike. I got Gordon
killed by em so many times I actually came to be afraid of them. Ha! I
shook that off and began studying them. VERY clever implementation!
Then of course, a little later, I got the pheropod and they became my
best buds for the rest of the game :)
And that part of the beach you're talking about, that's where you
finally get the info to stay off the sand, stay on the rocks. Very cool
stuff.
McG.

"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote

> The ant lions are an amazing work in AI and scripting as well as 3D
> modelling and animation, IMHO. They seem so lifelike. I got Gordon
> killed by em so many times I actually came to be afraid of them.

You think *you're* afraid? I've just cancelled my holiday to Skegness Beach
this summer for fear of Antlion attacks.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
>
>> The ant lions are an amazing work in AI and scripting as well as 3D
>> modelling and animation, IMHO. They seem so lifelike. I got Gordon
>> killed by em so many times I actually came to be afraid of them.
>
> You think *you're* afraid? I've just cancelled my holiday to Skegness
> Beach this summer for fear of Antlion attacks.

LOL! ... huh? Oh wait, you meant...oh never mind... ;)
McG.

SHRED wrote:
> WTF?
> I am having a hell of a time.
> Do you just try and haul ass or what?

It depends. Unless I have no choice I tend to get out of the buggy and
then would eliminate the road block that way. I'm personally not
adept enough with driving and shooting at the same time.