Installing RAID in exisiting system question (newbie)

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
April 18, 2004 12:44:13 PM

Hi,

Ive got a question about configuring a RAID array into an exisiting system.

Ive got the following config

Windows XP SP1
A7N8X Deluxe - E motherboard
WD 74Gb SATA Raptor
WD 120Gb IDE drive (backup)
CD RW etc

I would like to install a second raptor and have the two SATA drives running
in RAID 0 (I know the risks about running RAID 0).

It it as simple as connecting the second SATA drive and configuring it under
the bios raid utility?

Is there anything else I need to know about configuring?

Thanks in advance

Eyman
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 18, 2004 12:44:14 PM

Eyman wrote:

> It it as simple as connecting the second SATA drive and configuring it under
> the bios raid utility?

Yes.

Odie
--