Registry Keys Reset on all computers

Hi all:

I am managing a Windows 2003 Server Domain with Active Directory/Group
Policy. All of the client workstations in this domain keep resetting the
"START" value of the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Flpydisk
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sfloppy

from a hex 3 (enabled) to a hex 4 (disabled)

Any suggestions? I have reviewed my GPOs and I know that the problem does
not exist with GPOs.
--
Aaron Cadstillo

Why not use GPO to set the value to the required selection. This way if they
change it GPO will set it back.

"Aaron Cadstillo" wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I am managing a Windows 2003 Server Domain with Active Directory/Group
> Policy. All of the client workstations in this domain keep resetting the
> "START" value of the following keys:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Flpydisk
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sfloppy
>
> from a hex 3 (enabled) to a hex 4 (disabled)
>
> Any suggestions? I have reviewed my GPOs and I know that the problem does
> not exist with GPOs.
> --
> Aaron Cadstillo

Another suggestion:

click Start and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click
Computer Management. In the console tree, double-click Storage and then double-click Removable Storage.

You can apply user permissions to libraries, to media pools and their media, or to Removable Storage as a whole, and this
(unlike a GPO) might be affecting your workstation.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User