XP Pro logon loop at welcome screen

Hi!

Has anyone a solution to this trouble?

Under Win XP Pro SP1, you put your password, loads your preferences, saves
your preferences and exits again to welcome screen...

I've tryed in normal, secure and last good mode, and doesn't work anyway...

Thanks for your help!

Eduardo Santos
Chubut- Argentina
3 answers Last reply
More about logon loop screen

    Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind
    http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

    Restore Winlogon\Userinit
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm

    "Eduardo Santos" <esantos@elmaiten.com.ar> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Has anyone a solution to this trouble?
    >
    > Under Win XP Pro SP1, you put your password, loads your preferences, saves your
    > preferences and exits again to welcome screen...
    >
    > I've tryed in normal, secure and last good mode, and doesn't work anyway...
    >
    > Thanks for your help!
    >
    > Eduardo Santos
    > Chubut- Argentina

  2. I had this problem where windows xp would immediately log out/logoff after i logged in/logged on with my username and password, and guess what!

    I found out that this was happening because I had DISABLED the ATI Hotkeys and ATI SmartStart services!!

    I spent days trying to figure this out, so now im going round to all the forums and posting my solution

    If you have an ATI card and you are using the ATI Catalyst drivers and you have disabled the ATI Hotkeys and ATI Smartstart services then you need to re-enable them.

    Hope this helps somebody
  3. laxout said:
    I had this problem where windows xp would immediately log out/logoff after i logged in/logged on with my username and password, and guess what!

    I found out that this was happening because I had DISABLED the ATI Hotkeys and ATI SmartStart services!!

    I spent days trying to figure this out, so now im going round to all the forums and posting my solution

    If you have an ATI card and you are using the ATI Catalyst drivers and you have disabled the ATI Hotkeys and ATI Smartstart services then you need to re-enable them.

    Hope this helps somebody

    i have same problem, but i cant figure out how to re-enable the hotkeys, because i cant login :/

Security Microsoft Windows XP