XP Pro logon loop at welcome screen

a b 8 Security
September 21, 2005 12:26:48 AM

Hi!

Has anyone a solution to this trouble?

Under Win XP Pro SP1, you put your password, loads your preferences, saves
your preferences and exits again to welcome screen...

I've tryed in normal, secure and last good mode, and doesn't work anyway...

Thanks for your help!

Eduardo Santos
Chubut- Argentina

More about : pro logon loop screen

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
September 22, 2005 12:55:25 AM

Logon - Logoff loop, also caused by BlazeFind
http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

Restore Winlogon\Userinit
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_wel_screen.htm

"Eduardo Santos" <esantos@elmaiten.com.ar> wrote in message
news:o VacFrjvFHA.2808@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi!
>
> Has anyone a solution to this trouble?
>
> Under Win XP Pro SP1, you put your password, loads your preferences, saves your
> preferences and exits again to welcome screen...
>
> I've tryed in normal, secure and last good mode, and doesn't work anyway...
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Eduardo Santos
> Chubut- Argentina

July 14, 2007 8:08:15 AM

I had this problem where windows xp would immediately log out/logoff after i logged in/logged on with my username and password, and guess what!

I found out that this was happening because I had DISABLED the ATI Hotkeys and ATI SmartStart services!!

I spent days trying to figure this out, so now im going round to all the forums and posting my solution

If you have an ATI card and you are using the ATI Catalyst drivers and you have disabled the ATI Hotkeys and ATI Smartstart services then you need to re-enable them.

Hope this helps somebody
November 10, 2007 10:36:39 AM

laxout said:
I had this problem where windows xp would immediately log out/logoff after i logged in/logged on with my username and password, and guess what!

I found out that this was happening because I had DISABLED the ATI Hotkeys and ATI SmartStart services!!

I spent days trying to figure this out, so now im going round to all the forums and posting my solution

If you have an ATI card and you are using the ATI Catalyst drivers and you have disabled the ATI Hotkeys and ATI Smartstart services then you need to re-enable them.

Hope this helps somebody

i have same problem, but i cant figure out how to re-enable the hotkeys, because i cant login :/
!