Sign in with
Your question

What's wrong with me

Tags:
Last response: in Sports & Wellness
June 8, 2011 5:44:06 AM

I feel depressed...not because of image, but because the lack of what I can do. It is not the interest of myself, but the interest of everyone I know and do not know.

I feel like I need to do more in this life. I pray about it, I meditate, have though, research ( about close to. The internet is still not vast enough,)ect.

Things that get me down:

*Seeing my country fall apart before my eyes and cannot do a thing about it being one person.

*Seeing chances to be someone but does not have the resources or the support to do it.

*Witnessing the winds of change against the goodness of Fortune.

The list goes on.

Please, tell me something is wrong with me.

More about : wrong

June 8, 2011 2:51:07 PM

Yes there is something wrong with you. You are human :) 

I personally do not worry about "seeing my country fall apart". For one - i cannot control everything "my" country does. So I try to control the things that are closest to me to work in my best interests (note, not literally control...more like guide along...).

As for seeing the chances to be someone and not have the resources...well it takes time. Things don't happen instantly. Work on the little things at first...then the bigger stuff will just fall into place naturally (hard work pays off).

Not too sure what you mean by the change of goodness of fortune... well its all in your own point of view i guess.

You know what makes me feel good? Making a nice Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, or even Baking. The time it takes to make any of this stuff feels like a kind of Mind Yoga. Seeing your cooking transform into something delicious and edible is great.

It's the little things in life that makes life....don't try and look at the grand picture just yet...try to find your own brush strokes on the canvas of life.

I see your in the process of getting your COMPTIA A+ cert. That's a great stepping stone if you plan on getting into computer repair/support.
June 8, 2011 3:06:24 PM

Nope bud, your just human. We all aspire to be better than what we are. It's in our nature. This is a very emotional time in our world right now with war, terrorism, political issues, economy, etc. I hope you find comfort in knowing your not alone in how you feel.
What I do when I'm depressed is I go camping. Something about being outdoors really lifts my spirits.
Related resources
June 9, 2011 1:32:07 PM

Have you tried smoking the marijuana?

June 9, 2011 4:25:05 PM

^ Naw, I am not much of a smoker.
June 25, 2011 6:12:33 AM

Ive found, giving credit to others is a very admirable trait
It means you care, and by this, I dont mean about others so much, but more about yourself, and how you think you compare to them.
You say others have many abilities but you have no resources yourself, but thats wrong, as youre the greatest resource you could possibly ever have.
Or, would you prefer to live on what others have done for you?

Youre fine, and are only wondering what we all do, how to make yourself, others nearest to you, and make a meaningful impact to someone somewhere, weve all done this, its the ones who truly havnt thatre never satisfied, so whatya waitin for?
June 25, 2011 3:05:34 PM

" *Seeing my country fall apart before my eyes and cannot do a thing about it being one person."

Everything you do will have an impact on someone else either good or bad. The interactions that we have with each other is what shapes all of us.
The more positive interactions we have with others will be like planted seeds and will spread out from there. You may not see the change for good that you have or are doing but it will show over time.

"*Seeing chances to be someone but does not have the resources or the support to do it."

If you speak of your ideas to others then you may find someone who has the ability to do it but was unable to understand what needs to be done.
You may not get any recognition for the idea but the question is do you want the change or the fame more?

"*Witnessing the winds of change against the goodness of Fortune."

Is just more people having bad influence on others without realizing what the consequences are.

June 29, 2011 2:10:35 PM

A single person cannot do much but you can still do something, its not your faulty its the country as a whole. If you were the only person in the country then you could be upset but not this. Also I suggest not praying because no one will hear you no higher power is going to help you because there are no higher powers. This is all you and I am sure that you can do it.
June 29, 2011 2:56:20 PM

^ Interesting you say not to pray.

Scientific research shows that 'praying to a higher being' increases mood and health altogether...
June 29, 2011 3:36:30 PM

That is because your mind controls your body therefore if you really believe that praying helps you then you fool your mind into thinking that praying made you better. But, still there is no evidence for existence of any God or deity.
June 29, 2011 9:26:43 PM

^ Logical fallacy.

Saying there is no evidence because it is not tangible does not mean it does not exist. That is like saying atoms do not exist because they are not truly tangible.
June 30, 2011 1:15:50 PM

True, true but that also does not mean that it does exist. You believe in something because it has proof, not because your family raised you to believe a certain thing based on no proof. While it is true that we can't no for sure, people should let evidence guide their beliefs instead of doctrinaire adherence to religion.
June 30, 2011 2:56:08 PM

6 That is me. while my faith is important to my and comes form my family...I accept it through observations I have performed.

Saying one thing because someone else believes in another contradicts the practice of free thinking.

My point again. Many say there is no proof. There is no proof because no one has ever look at the facts.

Example: In order for the universe to exist, the laws of physic s must be in place. a random expansion of energy would needs the laws of physics to dictate what it does....which means some sort of median needs to be present for the universe to develop a continuum.
June 30, 2011 3:02:44 PM

By that logic, however, you are saying that something needs to precede everything else. What preceded god?
June 30, 2011 8:05:41 PM

God. But I will let you guys solve that. Right now, I am busy trying to figure out why the Universe farts. :D 
July 1, 2011 2:20:37 PM

dogman_1234 said:
God. But I will let you guys solve that. Right now, I am busy trying to figure out why the Universe farts. :D 

That is very religious of you: saying "God" in an answer and abruptly leaving. Back up your claims with evidence and you will have the right to answer that way.
July 1, 2011 3:01:17 PM

You are the evidence.

Trying to prove me wrong....

Good luck. You cannot argue faith.
July 1, 2011 3:05:47 PM

dogman_1234 said:
You are the evidence.

Trying to prove me wrong....

Good luck. You cannot argue faith.

I am evidence but of evolution.

I know arguing against religious people is very tough simply because they let religious faith drive their arguments instead of rational arguments.

As House said however "rational arguments don't work on religious people otherwise there would be no religious people.
July 1, 2011 6:16:41 PM

^ Haha...old joke.

It is not because I am not trying to be irrational, it is because our 'rational' is different...

Your argument is invalid.
July 2, 2011 1:15:20 PM

dogman_1234 said:
^ Haha...old joke.

It is not because I am not trying to be irrational, it is because our 'rational' is different...

Your argument is invalid.

Yes like I already said rationalism in religious people is backed by facts. Rationalism in atheists is backed by, well, rationalism.
July 2, 2011 4:34:09 PM

^Hmm...what is the difference?
July 2, 2011 6:55:15 PM

What I find interesting is, early life is assumed to have at least a string 300 proteins long, strung in exactness, at random, in somwewhat perfect conditions
Throwing aside the pefect conditions, and also using the 300 count, which is far lower than reality as we know today, this comes as a 1:2x3^30 ratio.
Now, following up such claims, those proposing life by chance, instead are saying that those numbers are skewed, and life back then was far far simpler
Now, they have no facts, no science to back them up, and then they create life on their own, in a way never seen or dreampt of, until this challenge
So, maybe atheists dont need a god, as they are their own gods amongst themselves
July 19, 2011 3:15:06 AM

just keep in prayer,,,, dudes....
July 19, 2011 6:20:06 PM

I would say get some antidepressants and join with the rest of us..:) 
July 19, 2011 6:48:36 PM

Well, the way i see it, you're asking the right questions as opposed to some malicious scum who seeks only to thrive off the weak and lie/cheat/steal their way into prosperity. To me you're already advancing in the right direction. Just have to try and avoid and/or prevent that greedy bastard at every corner trying only for themselves and making their surroundings worse in the process.

Rules I try to live by (about 99% success rate)

-Never let anyone else think they're better than you or bring you to believe that they indeed are. Instead, know that you have no time for people like this.

-See the best out of every possible situation, even if it is the most horrific experience of your life, people have surely seen worse and there's always good in even the worst of situations, however slight it may be.

-Sometimes it is better to trust yourself as opposed to trusting in religion. Afterall, if you didn't exist, neither would your deity...
July 19, 2011 7:30:40 PM

I trust in God, not man,(religion).

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. I guess I fell a little better.
July 19, 2011 7:58:18 PM

dogman_1234 said:
I feel depressed...not because of image, but because the lack of what I can do. It is not the interest of myself, but the interest of everyone I know and do not know.

I feel like I need to do more in this life. I pray about it, I meditate, have though, research ( about close to. The internet is still not vast enough,)ect.

Things that get me down:

*Seeing my country fall apart before my eyes and cannot do a thing about it being one person.

*Seeing chances to be someone but does not have the resources or the support to do it.

*Witnessing the winds of change against the goodness of Fortune.

The list goes on.

Please, tell me something is wrong with me.

No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as a manor of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

Try thinking less and doing a little more.
July 21, 2011 6:59:20 AM

I am being ignored by my peers now.

I think it has to do with me in a negative fashion. Is there anything about me they may hate or want to never associate me with?
July 21, 2011 2:55:32 PM

Why do you keep starting these ridiculous posts.

Get therapy, you obviously need it like I told you in your last "feel sorry for me" post.

If you feel better hanging around girls, then do it. If hanging around guys gets you laughed at or made fun of, then don't hang around guys.

....and about the low testosterone, they make prescriptions for that. You need to see a doctor.

!